“Great place to stay!”

Hyatt Regency Austin
Ranked #16 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 19, 2006

This hotel was a great place to stay. The location is good, the hotel lobby is very nice, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the rooms have been redone very well. You can see the bats leave the bridge at dusk, you can walk to 4th & 6th streets, and it's right on a lake and walking/running trail. The only drawback was that the hotel charged for internet use. Had I been there on business, that would have been a problem, but since I was on a weekend getaway, it didn't matter much.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank butterf160
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Austin

Reviewed August 8, 2006

Having stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, I can honestly say that I have rarely encountered the first class service that I received at the Hyatt Hotel in Austin, Texas.
From the moment I made my reservation, we were treated as if we were celebrities.

The front desk staff, concierges, and cleaning staff always responded with a smile and were helpful. The entire staff of the restaurant were especially memorable. Everyone went beyond the ordinary to make us feel special. One day my friend commented on how she liked the dish in which her fruit was served and the manager came over and told her she could take it if she liked.

Also, we understand that a renovation had recently been completed of the hotel The rooms were beautiful, modern, serene and always clean. Because of its great location near the "bat bridge" you could see the bats flying from our window. It was a perfect location to go to restaurants, etc.

Without a doubt I would recommend the Hyatt Hotel. It was the highlight of our trip to Austin and probably one of the best run hotels I have stayed at in the United States.

4  Thank spiburns
Reviewed July 24, 2006

My b'friend and I recently stayed at the Hyatt during the NAMM Convention and can't say anything bad about our stay. The lobby, bar area and outdoor patio are inviting and relaxing. The rooms are very modern and clean. From the mattress, to the pillows, to the comforter....the bed is the most comfortable hotel bed we've ever slept in. We slept like babies here. We were on the 16th floor and had a great view of the river and city. Our room was also very quiet. Our stay was very relaxing and the hotel staff was very accommodating. We will definitely stay here again when returning to Austin.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank cgocubsfan
Reviewed July 24, 2006

I stayed here a couple nights the week of July 17th for business. The front desk staff are uniformly friendly. This is not always the case with Hyatts.

My room was on the 9th floor with a river view, which is fabulous. The bed was comfy. My colleagues who didn't get a river view did love the beds. The linens are soft and fine. The room decor is modern and masculine.

The bathrooms are not as upscale as the rooms. The water temperature kept changing between cool and warm both days I took showers. Austin was 100 degrees both days I was there, so I took a lot of showers.

The housekeeping staff amazed me. I left myself a note by the bed one day, intending to call for someone to fix the squeaky bathroom door and replace a burned out lightbulb. Housekeeping addressed both issues while I was out!

The hotel's atrium style means noise from the restaurant, bar, and lobby on the first floor carries to the guest rooms. The elevators announced each floor as the doors opened. My room was close to the elevators, so I heard each announcement, even for other floors.

The hotel restaurant has a good view of the river and lots of natural light. It was a pleasure to meet a client there for breakfast. The food was delicious, though a little too salty. Service was good.

The bell staff doubled as Guest Services staff. They helped me a lot with directions and advice on local services. There's a guy named Timo who multitasks quite well.

There are no minifridges in the rooms, which was disappointing.

The location is great if you like to exercise outdoors. A path winds between the hotel and the river. When I was there, it was too hot to walk much.

I'd stay here again if I could get a river view again. That view is soothing and spectacular at all hours. Assuming the water temperature issue improves eventually, it'll be a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank cades2go
A TripAdvisor Member
Arlington, VA
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business meeting, and the facilities were excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to any travelor.

Room:

I stayed on the 10th floor facing the water. They had recently completed rennovations and they did a great job. The beds were as comfortable as I have ever slept on, and the room was very clean. My favorite feature was the 32" (just a guess) plasma!

What I did not like about the room was that it always seemed hot. I keep my house at 71, and had the room set on 63 and was still warm as I slept. Also, the walls seemed very thin. I could hear my neighbor's TV, people walking in the hallway, and it just seemed noiser than other hotels.

Conference Facilties:

The facilities were easy to get to, and well laid out. The temperature was again warm, but it was Austin in the summer. There was a set of rooms on the 1st floor that seemed hidden, but we had a large group and had to use several meeting rooms.

Food Service:

Besides the break services, we had a plated dinner one night. It was good food, better than average, but nothing special. I would, however, highly recommend the pecan pie if you are planning a conference. It was very sweet, but went well with after-dinner coffee.

Other info:

* If you are there during Bat season, you HAVE to take the time to go out to the bridge and watch the hundreds of thousands bats fly out at dusk. It happened around 8:30p when I was there. It was unlike anything I had ever seen.

* There are only a few restaurants w/in walking distance to the hotel. 6th street seems to be where all of the action is, and is only a short cab ride.

* The hotel is about a $20-25 cab ride from the airport