“2 days business travel”

Hyatt Regency Austin
Ranked #16 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

_You get a reasonable hotel rate, then they add on the room tax, city tax, charge for internet and then charge $17.00 per day to park. Hotel rate seems pretty poor after this.
_Rooms are good : Clean, everything works.
_Service is good. Breakfast is so boring (unchanged in years). New management needed here.
_This trip, the area around the hotel was a building site. The fence used to "hide" the building work was a disgrace ( broken pieces, bent over in places, missing sections, damaged sand bags everywhere on the pilons used to try and keep the fence from moving. It was like driving through a dump to get to the hotel. They could have done a lot better to make the area presentable.

Room Tip: _ask for a view of the lake and downtown, otherwise the views are awful.
2  Thank Morton999
HyattSupport, Social Media Mgr at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your input about our entrance! We always appreciate guest feedback when it comes to our top standards. You'll be pleased to know that we recently did some beautiful landscaping to make the drive a little more pleasing while you pass the construction. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you on your next visit to Austin!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Austin

Reviewed September 3, 2013

selected motel based on meeting. hotel was great very friendly and helpful people. place sparkled clean. rooms were clean and well stocked. Check in and checkout was fast and easy. downtown was an easy walk as well as other food eateries

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location - Right on the river and just an amazing review of the skyline.

Facilities - Most of the lobby and such are dated. You can see that they are renovating a huge section of the hotel and have already added in a massive parking deck and are working on the convention center (according to the Bellhop).

Rooms - Had a suite. Great space. Great beds as per usual. TV's still not in HD and that is just stupid.

Staff- I am a 30 something and when I asked for a beer bar the super nice young lady behind the bar listed me 2 places that locals go to (college crowd) and 2 places that were more mild. She answered me honestly everything I asked. A+ service.

Food - Great food and the buffet had a guy to make fresh omelets in the AM - always a plus. Worked in my room for a full 2 days so in room dining was super cheap compared to the Gaylord Dining (where I was before this trip).

Would come back for sure. But looking forward for them updating the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the River view if they will give it. Or ask for the gold course view if the river is fille...
1  Thank Papatoole

Hey there Hyatt fanboy! We're so glad to hear about your experience and happy you got the chance to experience our dining options too! We hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The 400+ room Hyatt Regency is located between center city Austin and South Congress (SoCo) on Congress Ave . It's also on LBJ Lake and the trail system that loops around the lake for some ten miles. This location offers the benefit of walking across the Congress Ave. bridge and into the action of Austin and the 6th street music venues . The bridge is also the location of some 1.5 million Mexican bats that can be seen departing the bridge each night at dusk. SoCo is just south of the hotel and has art galleries, shops, neat food places and plenty to see and experience.

Cabs are lined up out front of the facility, use them instead of driving all over the place. In fact...free yourself up by going to Mellow Johnny's bike shop just a few blocks away off 4th Street and rent a bike. Comes with helmet and water bottle. The cost is cheap, in fat...I think it was the best price in town. The shop is well known, it's huge, and will enhance your visit.

Okay - there is construction around the hotel, but it didn't interfere with my visit. I will stay there agin when I return to Austin.

Room Tip: North side has a view of the city and the lake. It's worth it if you find the time to quietly re...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although there was construction around the hotel during our visit, once inside the lobby all is forgotten. Our 2 bedroom suite overlooked the river and had a contemporary design. Our stay had no glitches. Great sushi bar and location is perfect for quick jaunts to downtown. Kayaking rentals hotel side.

Room Tip: River view....balcony would be perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm glad we booked this hotel because of the location. We were in town to view the bats and the weekend we were there happen to be Bat Festival weekend. It was just a 2 minute walk to the viewing area. The hotel was limited on self parking so we used the valet. There is construction to the hotel but it didn't bother us at all. The rooms were clean and comfortable. However, I was located near the ice machine so I could hear people getting ice in the middle of the night. Also, I could hear when someone decided to take a shower in the middle of the night. You could hear a noise as if the pipes were squeaking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I arrived and was unable to find parking, after going around the parking lot several times I asked the parking attendant if they had space or not and she had me park in the fire lane. I couldn't believe they had me parked there but there was already in the fire lanes. In their defense they appear to be building a new parking multi=level parking lot. Check-in was fine except for the fact that they wanted a $50 per day deposit ($150) since I was paying cash. The other members in my party were not required to pay this because the system was having problems. The room was decent but seemed a little small. The Air Conditioner system appears to have a sensor so it shuts down when there is no movement so I woke up and had to get out from under my blankets till it cooled down again. The room was not made up after my first night but was done the second. Checkout was very efficient and I thought all was well until later in the evening during my trip home I found out they had placed a hold on my account for one days rate. I called the front desk and they could not figure out the reason that my debit card was zapped since I had paid for my room and deposit in advance. It has been 2 days and still funds are being withheld. Overall I was not impressed it is a beautiful facility but I have gotten better overall service in a super 8 motel in Austin. As you can tell I am not a satisfied customer but it wasn't just one problem there were numerous.