“Comfortable but tired”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable but tired”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

A comfortable hotel for business but the rooms are tired and the bathroom is very small for today's traveler. I did sleep comfortably and the climate was easily controlled. The elevators ran smoothly and quickly. A new parking gargage is being built that will make gettting in and out easier but a charge of $24 per day valet is rather high. The meals prepared for the meeting attended were very good. The property is a llittle difficult to get in and out to go for dinner but once you get a lay of the land, it is OK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chuluota, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited Austin for the first time recently. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Lady Bird Lake (actually a river). At first I wasn't sure about the location as it is across the bridge from downtown. It turned out to be the best place we could have stayed. Close to South Congress and close to downtown. And, the best part was that right out the back door you can board a boat for the "bat cruise" and watch the amazing bats at sunset!

There's also a running trail and dog park nearby. I would definitely stay there again!

We had a buffet lunch which was also excellent - catered by our organization so they made the choices but the food was great.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view of the river, that would be ideal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattSupport, Social Media Mgr at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, Peggy! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again soon.
Euless, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

All in all, a wonderful destination. The pros - excellent location, excellent food, excellent service. The beds are wonderfully comfortable. We always take our own comforters and pillows everywhere... I know, BUT we didn't even use them this time, the bedding was so wonderful. Cons -the rooms are, as many have said, a bit small and not quite as clean as we would like. The sink was not properly cleaned the entire time we were there (4 nights). It was a little dirty when we got there on the upper bowl, and we waited to see when it would be cleaned. Never got cleaned the entire time we were there. The carpets were a bit dirtier than we would have liked.

So it's not perfect, but it was a wonderful experience all in all. Yes - it does get a little loud on weekends; we had a group of very loud girls in the room next to us one night - a call to the front desk was very promptly answered and the problem was solved. They know who you are when you call anywhere. Yeah, I'm sure there is a computer screen somewhere telling them my name, but it was still a personable touch!

All in all, we would stay there again without a second thought.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, facing the lake, have the best view, in my opiion. We were on the 12th floo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Checked in on a busy Friday afternoon, lots going on in Austin this particular weekend. Was greeted by friendly and efficient valet service, then welcomed warmly by desk agent, Rachel. Asked a few questions before deciding on a room for my husband and me, Rachel was quite knowledgeable, helpful and super friendly. After settling into my room, while waiting on my husband to arrive, ordered a surprisingly good chicken quesadilla from dining service. Delivery was very prompt and courteous. Our room was very clean, equipped nicely, and I really enjoyed the lighted make up mirror and ionic blow dryer. May sound like a small thing, but sure made a big difference. After enjoying our evening event at the hotel, we returned late to our room to a super comfy and inviting bed with super comfy pillows. After a freshly made omelet at the breakfast buffet, and some other tasty foods for a buffet, we departed in the same efficient manner in which we were checked in. The only minor complaint I have is that the water was not hot in the shower, however, it was fixed by the morning shower. I reported it and it was taken care of promptly, but that first shower was a little uncomfortable. Overall, it was a really good stay and we had lots of fun at the event we attended at the hotel. If the water would have been hot, I would not have hesitated to give it 5 stars! Oh yeah, the views on either side of the hotel were beautiful. We sat on the open air patio for a while and enjoyed the kayakers, joggers, and the beautiful sunset. :)

Room Tip: River rooms overlook Austin skyline, Other side has a wonderful Texas Hill Country view. Both are go...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Typical Hyatt. Nice check in, great beds, pillows, lobby. Had a 10th floor room, great view of the river and downtown. Tried their Sushi bar - excellent. both chefs friendly. particularly like speciality rolls, edamame with a touch of pepper. i needed rush laundry (long road trip) and my bag was delayed from airport till 10am at hotel and past the point when laundry had been picked up. they made special arrangements to still turn around in a day and didn't charge extra. and then i needed to shorten my trip by a day so I ran back to the hotel, packed the bag; they were more than fair not charging me for a full day. Despite the parking lot construction, i never had to wait for a taxi and got in/out quickly. Defintely my place to stay in Austin.

Room Tip: ask for river view
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a weekly business traveler, I am prepared for "worn" hotels -- the Hyatt's sleeping rooms are average to a bit dated (color theme mostly brown). However, I always check out the air filters -- here changed on March 4th (hand written on the filter) -- big bonus points for that as about 1 in 100 hotels have clean air filters in the sleeping rooms.

However, the staff makes up for the dated sleeping rooms. Here's an example -- due to my own scheduling error, I needed a late check out. Even though the hotel is busy (full or nearly full), they worked with me to offer a 2:00 p.m. check-out. Again, due to my meeting time error -- and desire to change out of my suit before catching a plane -- I needed a later check out, but did not want to ask.

Elisabeth in convention services check with me to see how I was enjoying the hotel (I am here as a guest). I told her my plight -- she worked magic and obtained a 3:00 p.m. check out with a smile and even bought me a cup of coffee -- the only other time I have ever had that kind of customer service was at a Ritz Carlton where we were the meeting host.

Hopefully someone in Hyatt Social Media takes note of Elisabeth's effort -- I felt like an honored guest.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Hyatt's on-line early check-in -- and then call ahead to get they type of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattSupport, Social Media Mgr at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for this amazing review. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and hope you'll remain a loyal guest here. It's people like you and reviews like this that keep our staff top-notch and ready for service. We will certainly pass on your raves about Elizabeth and our team and look forward to your next visit!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed for four nights and I’m really pleased with the stay. The hotel is modern with spacious rooms, friendly staff and great location with walking distance to downtown. I stayed at the seventh floor facing west and that was perfect with a great view and a quiet room. The bar on the entrance floor is nice and comfortable and a great place to start the evening with friend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: When I was there in March 2013 there was a big construction site facing south and that might cause s...