“Warn Room, Fantastic Staff”

Hyatt Regency Austin
Ranked #16 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a weekly business traveler, I am prepared for "worn" hotels -- the Hyatt's sleeping rooms are average to a bit dated (color theme mostly brown). However, I always check out the air filters -- here changed on March 4th (hand written on the filter) -- big bonus points for that as about 1 in 100 hotels have clean air filters in the sleeping rooms.

However, the staff makes up for the dated sleeping rooms. Here's an example -- due to my own scheduling error, I needed a late check out. Even though the hotel is busy (full or nearly full), they worked with me to offer a 2:00 p.m. check-out. Again, due to my meeting time error -- and desire to change out of my suit before catching a plane -- I needed a later check out, but did not want to ask.

Elisabeth in convention services check with me to see how I was enjoying the hotel (I am here as a guest). I told her my plight -- she worked magic and obtained a 3:00 p.m. check out with a smile and even bought me a cup of coffee -- the only other time I have ever had that kind of customer service was at a Ritz Carlton where we were the meeting host.

Hopefully someone in Hyatt Social Media takes note of Elisabeth's effort -- I felt like an honored guest.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Hyatt's on-line early check-in -- and then call ahead to get they type of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HyattSupport, Social Media Mgr at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and hope you'll remain a loyal guest here. It's people like you and reviews like this that keep our staff top-notch and ready for service. We will certainly pass on your raves about Elizabeth and our team and look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Austin

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed for four nights and I’m really pleased with the stay. The hotel is modern with spacious rooms, friendly staff and great location with walking distance to downtown. I stayed at the seventh floor facing west and that was perfect with a great view and a quiet room. The bar on the entrance floor is nice and comfortable and a great place to start the evening with friend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: When I was there in March 2013 there was a big construction site facing south and that might cause s...
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When i first thought of Texas i did not think of a resort of this size with riding stables, a golf course, spa and sitting next to the river. As they say, everything in Texas is big. Nice rooms, excellent place for a business meeting, the company i was with rented the entire bar and outdoor sitting area for a private party- what a treat. Close to Austin and the night life.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hyatt Regency hotels enjoy a reputation of being upscale and elegant. That might have been true of this one ten or fifteen years ago. But it's not today. In a recent stay, I found the place to be dull looking and tired, in need of a freshening up, if not a complete remodel. The fact that the in-room coffee service didn't have real half-and-half, but rather non-dairy creamer, seemed really downscale.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice big hotel. Well located, close to downtown. I was warmly welcomed by the staff. There is a jogging trail right next to the hotel. Fitness room is very nice and there is an outdoor pool. The only problem with these big hotels, it can be noisy due to groups.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were able to stay at the Hyatt Regency in Austin once again and enjoyed it. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was great and very helpful even though they were extremely busy. We had a wonderful room on the third floor with a balcony. It was a wonderful view. We enjoy the walk to downtown. We also visited the park nearby to watch the kite festival. Very fun!

Room Tip: Room 302 - great balcony and view of the lake. Wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was a little worried from the look of the construction outside the building but everything was wonderful inside.
When checking in we were immediately greeted by a very nice employee. No line. It was very fast and within minutes we were in our room.
Although the room as on the small side, it was nice. The view from the window was fantastic. Again there was construction but you cannot hear anything from within the room.
The bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet and I never once woke up from noises from the hallway or other rooms or outside. This is a very important factor for me so I was very happy it was so quiet. We did have a room at the very end of the hall.
The bathroom was a normal bathroom for this type of hotel, nice but nothing over the top.
The best part of this hotel is the location. You can walk to Congress to eat, walk around, plus it is a great location if you want to run.
There was an extra charge for parking and you need it if you have a car, I believe it was something like $16. It was the only downside. However, that said, the parking is very close to the hotel. It is very convenient and worth the price for the convenience. It is downtown Austin, on Congress, and parking is at a premium.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple