Here are the good points about this Hampton Inn:
- The staff really, sincerely try to keep the rooms clean.
- Free wi-fi internet in the rooms (didn't try it out)and free high-speed internet hook-ups in the lobby.
- Next door to a really good Chili's restaurant, where the manager was nice enough to give me my entire dinner *free* because they didn't have one item I ordered.
Now here is what makes this one of the worse Hampton Inns I've stayed at, and why I wouldn't go back:
- I stayed on the first floor, and as I walked down the hall to my room, the ceiling was so low that I felt claustrophobic - and I'm only 5'4"!
- The hallway carpet was old and dingy, and had giant, 4 foot wide stains every couple of feet.
- The room had furniture that must have been nice once. Now it was old and scratched. Very dim - you can open the curtains for more light but then the whole parking lot can see in. The carpet was old and stained - I kept my shoes on the whole time.
- Loud ac/heater - I turned it off or it would have woke me up at night (it kept cycling on every five minutes).
- The room smelled funny - not exactly like smoke, but not pleasant.
- Older TV with bad picture (but there was a nice selection of cable channels)
- You can definitely hear traffic noise like ambulance sirens going by, but I did sleep though the night despite that.
- The outdoor pool was tiny, didn't try it. Worked out in their workout room and the exercise bike didn't work. Caught the tail end of breakfast: rubbery eggs and dry biscuits. Yogurt was good though.
If you find yourself stuck here and need groceries, there's a place called Randall's (I think) that's pretty good. Come out of the Chili's parking lot heading east on the 183 access road. Make a right on Cameron Road. Drive about 2 miles, make a left on the 290 access road (after you pass beneath 290). You'll see a supermarket in a strip mall immediately in front of you - skip it! After 1/2 mile you'll see the Randall's store on your right, at the corner of Berkman.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn Austin North I-35 and Hwy 183 is just minutes from North Austin area businesses and the University of Texas-Austin campus. With free WiFi and complimentary breakfast, you are sure to feel right at home when you stay at the Hampton! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Austin - North (i-35 & Highway 183) Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn Austin - North (i-35 And Highway 183)
- Austin Hampton Inn