Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Spring, United States
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My arrival was fantastic and the staff was very helpful. I had come to stay for one night because the next day I was reporting in training for DPS. I didn't know the area and asked where some Italian restaurants were, but apparently there aren't many, but the receptionist told me of places near by so that I didn't have to travel far. The breakfast was pretty good, but lacked fruit, which is what I had initially wanted so as to not eat too heavily. The checkout was good too. The room was nice and clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler who works in government, I have stayed at this location many times. However, the last two stays I have had cold water showers. The first time, the front desk convinced me that the boiler just went down and a service call had been made. However, I am now convinced that it is a management decision to turn down the temperature on the hot water heater. If you want hot water, be sure and get up early, as the closer to 7 am you get, the chances are that the hot water will be gone. I think because the temperature is turned so low that the early risers "drain" the tank as they have to turn the shower up as hot as you can get it. This visit the front desk claimed there were no other complaints and the water was fine as if I didn't really have a cold shower. Also, one day when I returned from work at the end of the day, I realized that my room had not been cleaned and when I complained, they sent someone but they didn't even leave water glasses and coffee. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel again and will tell others who I know travel to Austin that they should stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Houston, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

THis hotel is one of the best I have stayed at while visiting AUSTIN. It is in a great location that is accessible to many destinations. Easy to get in and out of. The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms were clean rooms. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Even though we have a problem with the accuracy of the room number (same room for two families) and a maintenance work order never fulfilled; we highly recommend this hotel. Staff is amiable, room, lobby and halls are always clean, good breakfast, coffee and refreshments 24/7, accommodations are excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Toluca Mex
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel mainly because it's location and price, very convenient; hotel is easy to reach and the quality of the rooms is Hampton's guarantee. Comfortable and clean beds, some hot options for breakfast, free internet, etc.

Cons that I found during my stay were: the parking lot, I arrived late night and found a spot in the very back of the hotel, you have to walk a lot to get to the front office with no sidewalks, and parking spaces are soooo small, definitively a bad design; also I ran out of hot water the first day; at least I received an apologize from the front desk staff but I have received more than that in other hotels for that kind of issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pablo P, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I regret to hear our accommodations did not meet your expectations on your recent stay.
We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve upon them.
Kempner, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice, clean, safe and friendly hotel. Great free breakfast, that I figured would value about $10 a person off the rate of the room. Staff was friendly, sort of gave the feeling of a family away from home. Nice sized room with all you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Ft Worth, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel could hold it's own in Ft Worth, TX so imagine my surprise when I walked in and discovered it's quality and amenities. It's a bit higher priced than the others but far and above in quality!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business