“Hampton Inn - High Crime area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #81 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Dallas TX, United States
“Hampton Inn - High Crime area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel and staff are very nice. Hotel is in a high crime area. Homeless persons blocked me at close intersections to gratuitously wash my windshield, I had prop;erty stolen at the hotel while I was trying to unload my vehicle. Armed guard present at night but none during the day when I was robbed. Hotel is 1/4 mile from a large homeless persons camp.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn off the freeway. Everything about this place was simply boring, and I like it. A hard core traveler who does not have time to take in scenery wants cold air, a few channels, some decent food, and a comfortable bed. Some coffee out the door in the morning would be good. And of course the bill not being screwed up helps. Typical amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel.
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was very impressed with the quality of service and the quality of the breakfast bar! The rooms were also clean, fresh and updated. It was great to have FREE Wi-Fi and not have to hassle with paying for a lot of extras. This was a business trip and I was very satisfied with the level of customer service provided by the staff, particularly with Eddie. thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel and staff.
Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband, our business partners and I just checked out after a 4-night stay at this hotel. This lodge was just perfect to us! Big rooms, nicely decorated, a powerful wi-fi, a very nice fresh breakfast in the morning. And I must mention the hotel's staff: all front desk people were just great! Always smily and customer oriented. Well done Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2013
Tyler, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you are ever in Austin, don't stay at the Hampton Inn at Austin-North I 35 and 183. I am outraged! My family has stayed at this hotel three times in the last couple of months. They had good rates, friendly staff, free breakfast, etc. Well, that has changed! My husband accidentally threw away something that held a lot of sentimental value with my son in the outside trash as we were leaving Sunday. I knew it was a long shot, but I called the hotel to see if the desk clerk would be willing to walk outside and just look in the trashcan to see if it was still on top. I felt like it might be since we had only left 30 minutes earlier and it was the outside trash where not many people would be throwing stuff away. The hotel clerk told me that the trash had just been collected and placed in the dumpster and that the janitor had gone home for the day. I told him thank you and that my son and husband would be back to try to find the item in the trash. Well, they found it lying on top in the trashcan right outside the door. I am a very honest person, and it really bothered me to be lied to by the hotel clerk. It would have been okay if he had told me he didn't have time to look in the trash for me, anything but being lied to. I called him back and told him we had found the item we were looking for, and he sarcastically said he was glad we found it. I started to ask him why he lied to me about the trash being collected and he told me he wasn't going to discuss it and hung up on me. I filed a complaint with the Hilton Guest Services dept. I received a two sentence e-mail from the hotel manager telling me he was sorry that I had a bad experience at the hotel, and he was glad I found my special item. I called him and told him that his brief e-mail was an insult. I wanted to know what was going to be done. He basically said he was going to talk with the employee and that it wasn't okay for me to be treated that way. I called back today to follow up because I really didn't think he was taking me seriously and was told there was nothing else to be done and that the hotel clerk said he didn't hang up on me! I am soooo frustrated! I am shocked that Hilton Hotels would allow a customer to be spoken rudely to, hung up on, and then believe the hotel clerk when he says it didn't happen!!! I have decided to post this on my facebook page and the Texas Parents Facebook page because I had previously complimented this hotel on those sites in the past. My dissatisfaction could have been quickly alleviated if the hotel clerk had called and given a genuine apology for his rudeness or if the manager had offered me my money back on my stay or given me complimentary rooms for the future. None of that was offered. After posting on the Texas Parents Facebook page, someone replied about the Hampton 100% guest satisfaction guarantee. I called guest relations at Hilton for the 5th time and requested my money back. After much discussion and being put on hold twice, I was told that the only things she could offer me was a complimentary one night stay at any Hilton hotel. During my 3rd call to the guest relations, I was offered a letter of apology from the lady handling my complaint. REALLY? Why would she apologize and what significance would that have?????

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have passed your comments along to our staff to ensure nothing like this ever happens again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future.

Best regards,
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is obviously older, but it has been renovated and kept up nicely. The location is somewhat odd and difficult to get to. My wife came to the hotel after me and had a difficult time finding the entrance as it is kind of hidden. The parking lot is oddly shaped also and several of the spots require parking at a steep incline. There are also a lot of homeless people that live in the ravine /creek area near the hotel entrance from the frontage road. They hang out at the intersection washing windows for tips. It doesn't give a good impression of the area. if I was hotel management I would work with the city to try to relocate them. But, this is Austin...

The front desk was nice and gave us a room towards the back which was quieter but that also required a long walk from the elevators since the elevators are at the end of the rooms and not the middle. They only put two bath towels in the room which really isn't enough unless you are travelling alone. We requested more and they were brought up quickly but the next day we were only left two again.

The breakfast was the basic Hampton setup, but the actual breakfast room was small. On the Saturday of our stay they had something going on in the adjacent conference room so the breakfast area was lined up with those guests and we did not have time to wait around for that large group to go through the line and consequently didn't get to eat anything more than grabbing a donut. Overall it was a decent experience since the room was clean and updated. But, it was nothing better or worse than the other options in the area so in all likelihood in the future I will just pick where to stay based on price.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel and hope to see you again soon.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Rented two rooms for four days and can't say enough good things about the place. Well run, very clean and a well "attended to" breakfast buffet. Very good value and decent location right offthe interstate.