Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$249
$229
$161
  • Restaurant
$282
$239
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$96
$219
$187
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
Travelocity
W Austin(Austin)
$224
$575
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfrontage roadcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againbusiness tripexcellent stayconvenient locationyogurtintersectionfreewaydowntownuniversityclerkut
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Austin North while we were in town for ACL. The hotel was nice, and the setup was more than we expected. The free breakfast was great, and we really liked the decoration and style of the place.

However, and there is always a however in life, there were some maintenance issues while we were there that really bothered us.

First off, when we checked in and got into our room, the full length mirror hanging on the wall was broken, and some genius covered it up with duct tape, and it looked ridiculous. But that was no big deal, just cosmetic.

Second, my wife went to pull down the window covering for some privacy, and that broke. Upon further inspection, it was similar to a roll of wrapping paper, glued to a cardboard tube. and I guess my wife pulled on it when it was near the end, so the whole thing came apart, and we had no window covering.

Thirdly, there was no light bulb on the nightstand lamp on my wife's side of the bed. And the one on my side of the bed did have a light bulb in it, however it was physically broken, with shards of broken glass poking out. And it was one of those CFL bulbs, that needs to be treated as hazardous material. Who knows what kind of toxins are running through that room, but I had a weird rash on my chest the morning we checked out.

Well, we informed the front desk of the problem, and they never took care of it. They did however, put a new bulb into the lamp on my wife's side of the bed (the very least they could do obviously).

So they never fixed the window covering, and they never fixed the hazardous broken light bulb in the room. Who knows what we've been exposed to, but needless to say, we aren't happy with the Hampton Inn, and I suggest that you not stay there until they get their messes sorted out.

Upon checkout, we reminded the front desk of the issues, and the gal told us they had a record of it, but that noting was done...she was going to have a manager follow up with me, but here it is four days later, and nothing more...I guess I can't say I's surprised. I wouldn't want to follow up with someone who was affected by my inability to do my job either.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us, I have checked with maintenance to make sure everything has been taking care of.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed one night on business.

Did get welcomed as Diamond, but did not get an upgraded room, even though my collegue received one because he had an issue with his first room and he is not even a HHonor member, no big deal, but you always feel better if you get an upgrade even if you don't care...

Overall the room was functional for my one night. Internet worked fine, outlets to plug my stuff in bedside were there, bed typical, TV channel selection OK, room temperature good and AC not too noisy.

Breakfast typical Hampton fare. Where the food was put out was a little cramped, but not a big deal.

Overall, a nice stay and when in Austin again on business, will give it another go!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast has slightly more than just continental fare and if you are in a hurry, they have breakfast to go bags already stuffed with fruit, breakfast bars jucie etc. It is right off the freeway and close to several restaurants. The rooms were pretty quiet and the hotel staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A group of us stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It is right near the intersection of two highways. It is a little hard to get into if you are coming from any direction except south to north. You have to go through a Church and Day Car parking lot. Breakfast was good and the rooms were great. We has a small fridge in our room but none of the rest of our group did. Bed was comfy as well. This location is close enough to downtown and other areas but just far enough out to miss the crowds. We will stay here again. This area (because of the two HWYs intersecting there is a bit of panhandling going on. Most corners were passively asking for money but one corner was trying to wash your windows at the light. It isn't scary or anything but you should be prepared for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a 100% excellent rating was the humidity level in the room - it could have benefited greatly from a dehumidifier. I am someone who grew up in Alabama, so I don't think I am speaking as someone unaccustomed to usual humidity levels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. I apologize for the inconvenience of the humidity in the room.