“Nice stay - great location”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #83 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found this hotel to be very comfortable and clean. The carpet appeared to be new. I recommend a room overlooking the pool area which is quite nice although small. The location is very convenient to the university and downtown. There is easy access to the Arboretum and points west via highway183. We noticed a variety of restaurants within a short driving distance along I-35. The staff was very helpful and cordial. Parking was ample. The breakfast was typical for a Hampton and adequate for us - there is a waffle maker. If the weather is agreeable, perhaps try breakfast by the pool. The only negative was a rather loud AC unit. It may keep some people awake at night but it may have just been an isolated thing. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are more scenic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great Location close to highways, and has tons of restaurants close by (within driving distance of 5 mins or less), has a huge sports and outdoors store next to it, enjoyed my stay there, staff are very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I chose this Hampton because of all the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and because Hampton is usually reliable quality for the value. Overall, I really enjoyed the room and the location is convenient to the interstate, if a bit odd to access (one way frontage road). Be advised that if you are intending to commute to downtown the traffic is nearly always heavy on I-35 and that it's hard to get across the frontage road to loop south sometimes.

The room was updated recently enough and was large and clean, with an excellent tv and desk area (although the TV sometimes had audio dropouts). The desk staff was friendly when asked, but during check in they had attached the wrong room to the computer system and I couldn't access the WiFi at first. When I asked the desk about the problem they quickly fixed it.

The breakfast was standard Hampton fare, and it would have been fairly tasty if it had ever been hot. Since we were trying to eat unique food all over Austin we only had hotel breakfast twice during the week, but both times it was lukewarm.

I was very concerned that the hotel doesn't maintain its elevators; the one elevator was down nearly the whole week which made breakfast time a little challenging even in a 4-floor hotel. And the last night someone had gotten black marks all over the floor of the lobby and elevator and these still weren't cleaned up by morning check out. It seems that they could pay more attention to maintenance and cleaning.

Overall, this was comfortable enough and I would stay again for a good rate, but have definitely had better Hampton experiences.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our hotel and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Elevators were not working and had to take luggage at check out thru stairs. Everyday of training had to take 50lbs of equiptment on the days elevators were not working. our car was broken into. The staff was very helpful and curtious. Breakfast selection was really good. They have coffee and tea 24hrs which is nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. I apologize for the inconvenience with the elevators, they have been fixed and now they are working fine.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a good location overall with decent breakfast and Internet connectivity. However, the ownership skimps on elevator maintenance. While I was there, the elevators failed multiple times until, the morning of check-out, they failed entirely. I was not the only guest furious at having to lug 50 pounds of luggage down 3 flights of stairs.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Claudia made my stay. The cab was an hour wait and she called me a shuttle n 15 minutes. She was very prompt and professional. It was my birthday and she made my stay very pleasant. The rooms were clean and breakfast fair. But if your looking for breakfast go to Ihop. The stay was great bc the bed was fabulous. And the pillows lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about Claudia.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Reasonable price, rooms very good sofa king bed, good decor. Properly was very clean. Had problems with the elevator not working, had printed reservations for three nights they had me in for two night , had tp print my email with three days to get the clerk,to take manage and keep our room another night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. We are sorry for the problems with the elevator. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.