“Good Location With Bad Elevators”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #77 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a good location overall with decent breakfast and Internet connectivity. However, the ownership skimps on elevator maintenance. While I was there, the elevators failed multiple times until, the morning of check-out, they failed entirely. I was not the only guest furious at having to lug 50 pounds of luggage down 3 flights of stairs.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Claudia made my stay. The cab was an hour wait and she called me a shuttle n 15 minutes. She was very prompt and professional. It was my birthday and she made my stay very pleasant. The rooms were clean and breakfast fair. But if your looking for breakfast go to Ihop. The stay was great bc the bed was fabulous. And the pillows lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about Claudia.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Reasonable price, rooms very good sofa king bed, good decor. Properly was very clean. Had problems with the elevator not working, had printed reservations for three nights they had me in for two night , had tp print my email with three days to get the clerk,to take manage and keep our room another night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. We are sorry for the problems with the elevator. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night and were very happy with the location and room. I didn't realize that there was also a free breakfast, so that was a bonus. Of course we used the pool (have 2 boys) - although it was cool outside the pool was heated so my boys thought it was great. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast and our pool.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We like this chain and this hotel was inline with the other Hamptons we have been at. The location is a few miles north of downtown Austin just off the freeway. Not really walkable to anything (faces tangle of ramps) but short drive to most places in Austin. Decent beds and rooms; typical breakfast. Nothing out of the ordinary for this chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hampton Inns are my "brand of choice" while on business because of their consistency. This property is no different than the other very good ones in the brand. The rooms are a little small, but still practical. The bathroom was a little small and the tub didn't drain well, but it was clean.

As always, the beds are comfortable and the sheets felt clean.

Where this property shines is the service offered by the front desk. All desk workers I interacted with were extremely polite and helpful. I was provided excellent suggestions for local restaurants and check in was quick and smooth.

Breakfast was similar to what you'll find at most Hampton inns. Coffee was fresh and tasty. I will certainly return here when in the area.

The only thing that stops this property from getting 5 stars is the size of the bathroom and the room size.

Great job guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our staff and breakfast.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hampton Inns are great values pretty much everywhere. This is a nice hotel, the only "issue" is that it is in kind of a weird location North of downtown---but that's Austin. Seems like everything outside of downtown is located along a one-way frontage road...

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive, thank you for your comments about our hotel, hope to see you again soon!