“Had a nice stay here”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #83 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night and were very happy with the location and room. I didn't realize that there was also a free breakfast, so that was a bonus. Of course we used the pool (have 2 boys) - although it was cool outside the pool was heated so my boys thought it was great. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast and our pool.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We like this chain and this hotel was inline with the other Hamptons we have been at. The location is a few miles north of downtown Austin just off the freeway. Not really walkable to anything (faces tangle of ramps) but short drive to most places in Austin. Decent beds and rooms; typical breakfast. Nothing out of the ordinary for this chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hampton Inns are my "brand of choice" while on business because of their consistency. This property is no different than the other very good ones in the brand. The rooms are a little small, but still practical. The bathroom was a little small and the tub didn't drain well, but it was clean.

As always, the beds are comfortable and the sheets felt clean.

Where this property shines is the service offered by the front desk. All desk workers I interacted with were extremely polite and helpful. I was provided excellent suggestions for local restaurants and check in was quick and smooth.

Breakfast was similar to what you'll find at most Hampton inns. Coffee was fresh and tasty. I will certainly return here when in the area.

The only thing that stops this property from getting 5 stars is the size of the bathroom and the room size.

Great job guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our staff and breakfast.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hampton Inns are great values pretty much everywhere. This is a nice hotel, the only "issue" is that it is in kind of a weird location North of downtown---but that's Austin. Seems like everything outside of downtown is located along a one-way frontage road...

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive, thank you for your comments about our hotel, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I spent two nights here because it was close to a work area. My problem was the air conditioner was so noisy that I had to turn it off. The next morning, I suggested that someone please check to remidy the problem, I was told they would move me to another room, they didn't, the desk told me they would have the unit checked, I doubt this because it was still very noisy.I won't use this location on my next trip.

Room Tip: One without a noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Sorry about the problem with the AC, I would like to contact you to compensate for the incident.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Hampton Inn has gotten the modified treatment that most in the country have had at this point. The hotel itself is maybe a bit older but I opened the door to my room and was very impressed! Really nice and classy/classic looking, cool art on the wall and of course clean.

The people at the front desk were so helpful when I needed to check in hours early and I got to take advantage of breakfast that morning as well. There were nice options and it all looked fresh. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: My room facing the pool was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive, thank you for your comments about the room and the hotel staff.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very pleased with this motel. Overlooked the pool so there was a tree right outside the room. Stayed four nights and one day we got back late in the afternoon and the room wasn't made up. Called housekeeping and the maid was there within five minutes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple