“Yummy omelets!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy omelets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel vs. price. This hotel has a new, contemporary feel, friendly staff, and great breakfast with coffee bar. Free wifi. I was there on business, but also brought my mother and 13 year old daughter. We stayed 2 nights and had no problems. Only critique-our hallway was VERY hot and stuffy, as was our room when we arrived. It took several hours for the room to finally cool down. However, we would still stay here again. Amina's is a Mexican restaurant close to the hotel that I would recommend for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yum.

Room Tip: Our room, 307, was directly across from the elevator. Although it never bothered us, you might reque...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive, thank you for your comments about our staff and service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for a one night business trip and was greatly impressed. The front desk staff were very friendly even though there was a rush of guests trying to check in. The room was very clean and quiet. I stayed in room 126 and did not have any noise problems. The breakfast had an option for everyone and was very good. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill M
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about the staff, room, breakfast and for recommending us. Hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here last October for ACL and we both really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. The location of the hotel is conveniently located next to two major highways. If you’re traveling to and from downtown I-35 can get you there in no time (unless it’s rush hour). In addition, Highway 183 takes you straight to the airport. The hotel itself was kept very clean. From the front desk to the room everything was neat and orderly. The breakfast was pretty standard (nothing to write home about), consisting of a couple hot items, waffles, breads, bagels, and cereals. Whether you are checking in or out or simply need your card reactivated, the staff was quick, efficient, and helpful. We stayed on the first floor and the room looked a bit dated compared to the updated lobby. My only complaint was with the A/C unit because it made the room incredibly damp (I used to live in Austin and I know how humid it can get, but it actually felt dryer outside than it did in our room). Hopefully, this was just an isolated thing since the rest of the hotel (lobby, hallways, etc.) didn’t feel damp at all. Overall, still a good place to stay in Austin without having to pay the downtown hotel prices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FoxHound226
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Sorry about the AC unit and hope to see you again this year during ACL.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

upon arriving for our two-nite stay at this location, we were greeted by friendly front desk personnel; our room was clean & very comfy..the only thing we had to ask for was more toilet paper..yet, this wasn't a "big deal" to us, overall our stay was very good--we enjoyed the variety of choices for breakfast too!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Lone62star
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights - ate breakfast and used the fitness room. We were in room 129 on the ground level. I didn't notice a lot of outdoor or hallway noise, but the A/C made a weird noise when it was winding down the cycle. The fitness room features new equipment, but is the size of one of the rooms, so a tight fit. The breakfast was so-so. Eggs were pre-made circles with American cheese folded into them, but the waffle machine was a hit with my kiddo. We had a fold-out couch/loveseat in the room. I assumed it would be a double, but it was a twin. Had to ask for a blanket for it from the front desk. It is difficult to access this Hampton Inn from both 35 and 183. This would probably prevent me from staying here in the future just because there are other equivalent hotel options with easier access. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Sorry about the issues with the AC and location of the hotel, and thank you for your comments about the staff.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here in September 2012. We followed the Google Map directions from I-35 North but missed the turn. The hotel is not very visible from the service road from I-35 South either. Once we made it to the hotel, the check-in was efficient. The hotel is not very new but our room was clean, modern and comfortable. The breakfast was good. Pretty much everything one would expect from a Hampton Inn. Most important to us was the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about our check in process, our rooms and our breakfast and hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very clean room and bathroom; towels very nice and thick and soft; well cleaned every day; well stocked breakfast; a/c just a little noisy. Difficult to get out onto I-35 South during work week (have to cross 3 lanes of traffic in less than 1/2 block). On arrival, we waited several minutes for a front desk person to appear, and also when we wanted to check out. Would probably stay here again if my desire was to go North from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hector O, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive. Thank you for your comments about cleanliness and breakfast, we try to make our guest stay a very good experience.