“very disappointing”

Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183
Ranked #76 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The air-conditioner in room 409 was faulty and carried on with a racket that made it impossible to sleep. The ambient temperature was too high to leave the air off so sleeping was out of the question. I asked for it to be taken care of and the maintenance man came but was unable to rectify the problem. An awful 2 night experience. Not what should be expected for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive, sorry about the incident with the AC unit, please email me your reservation information to hector.j.orozco@hilton.com and I can compensate you for the problem, thank you.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Came to Austin for a weekend to be at our grandaughter's Baptism. The hotel was close by and so convenient. The bed was exceptional....Swam in the pool, got extra towels, and the breakfast was just great...I don' t think there is a better deal than a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank comfortnurse
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

For the price Hampton Inn is really a value. The rooms were remodelled and better than you would expect. The lobby is updated and has a very modern feel. The staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast is the biggest plus with Hampton Inns. They have a great selection, clean, to go bags with healthy choices if you are on the go...best of all eco friendly plates, cups,etc. Thankyou! A hotel with a heart on a budget!

Room Tip: Sometimes rooms near an elevator are noisy - check in early to avoid this.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here over a weekend and while we had a problem we found that the staff was most attentive to our request. That is the one thing we have come to learn about the various hotel chains, Hampton Inn has been consistently good with their facilities as well as the customer-facing service.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms by the elevators!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This used to be an outdated property but it has been almost completely redone with new decor. Hallway wallpaper is still pretty 1970's but everything else is very modern and clean looking. Friendly service, quiet and convenient location. Extremely comfy beds. Probably the best value of any Hampton/Hilton hotels in the Austin metro area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very modern looking lobby and comfortable rooms. A little disappointed there is no fridge and/or microwave but not a deal breaker. Good location, easy access to hi-ways. Pulled cover back and found huge cricket in Duvet. Took care of that little problem only to find out there was another cricket in the room - it started making a huge racket at 6:30am. Later found another cricket in room and a few dead and live ones in the lobby near the elevators. Not sure what the problem is with the crickets here but they are pretty annoying.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, my email address is hector.j.orozco@hilton.com, thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for one night in May. Check in was effortless and the front desk clerk was fast, efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and all in all it was a good stay.

The lobby area is fresh and inviting. The free breakfast was just okay...many carbs, some fruit, kind of standard and nothing special but it was adequate.

I'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauraqt596
Hector O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-North at I-35 and Hwy 183, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As with all our guests, we value all of the feedback we receive.