“Nasty, shady, stinky HOJO”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #182 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Nasty, shady, stinky HOJO”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

*Check-in was easy though the attendant was more interested in talking to her friend in the lobby than us. Wasn't wearing any sort of uniform (not even a nametag) & couldn't recommend a place for dinner.
*Moldy smell in the whole hotel; within 5 minutes of being in the room my throat became tight and I started coughing.
*Damaged walls by the bed (see pictures)
*Sunflower Seeds on the floor... So, they didn't vacuum.
*We were waiting for bugs but luckily didn't SEE any... I'm sure they're around though.
*Makeup on my pillowcase... Guess they didn't change em from the last guest which means the sheets weren't either.
*Mismatched sheets - come on guys.
*Bathroom door doesn't close easily and there are remnants of past advertising fixtures still on them.
*Teeny tiny sink and mirror OUTSIDE the shower/toilet closet.
*Tub sealants cracked, exposed lightbulb over shower.
*Very thin walls; we could hear everything happening around us.
*Oldest/smallest elevator i've ever ridden in.
*Parking lot feels shady, I was hesitant to leave my car out there.
*In fact the whole place feels shady; we didn't leave any belongings in the room while venturing out during the day.
*Breakfast is less than your typical continental. There are 2 juice choices, 2 cereal choices, a pitcher of milk (just sitting out at room temp), a few instant oatmeal packs, and a handful of frozen muffins & bagels. Yuck.

Website says "recently renovated" and tacky paper signs on the door say they are currently renovating but I see no upgrades or progress. Seriously considered changing hotels for our second night, but with Cinco de Mayo everything was booked up! Management needs to invest a couple mil into this property to clean it up and make it classier. We tried yo give HOJO the benefit of the doubt but they let us down. It is fairly convenient to downtown Austin, just about a 5 minute drive but the next time I come to town I will pay more to be right in the action and to be comfortable in my room.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Naperville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is a dive. There are signs taped on the counter, in the lobby, saying watch out for wet paint and pardon our remodeling, that look like they've been there months. The signs are written on with pen and are dirty except where the tape covers it and keeps the paper white. I could see no evidence of the activities described in the signs (painting and remodeling) . Carpeting was old and dirty throughout the hotel. For breakfast they didn't have any fresh fruit at all (not even a simple bunch of bananas). Also no yogurt, which seems to be at every other hotel I stay at. Rooms were just old and in need of update. Shower pointed at my stomach and I had to duck to wash my hair and face. I would never recomend this place to anyone unless it was $20/night and I ran out of money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Fort Worth
Reviewed April 23, 2013

the hotel was dirty it smelled back the parking lot was full of trash. I have never been more disappointed and then on top of that the room was $200. I would never recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
South Austin
Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
South Austin
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Americas Best Value Inn
#156 of 202 in Austin

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 2711 Ih 35 S, Austin, TX 78741-5514
Location: United States > Texas > Austin > South Austin
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #182 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Austin, Tx Hotel Austin