New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #74 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“They redeemed themselves...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed at this Embassy probably 1/2 a dozen times. Was all great experiences until summer 2012. They were remodeling and we had "bugs" in our room. I was there for business so we were stuck for 5 days. They kept sending someone to exterminate. They did give me a free night. In January 2013, we had a 13h birthday slumber party there with the free night. The room was bug free! It was a great experience!

The things I do love about this Embassy is the happy hour (free drinks and snack foods). I love the free full breakfast. Pool and gym is great. Word of caution if you are there for something at the convention center...they do have a shuttle. But it can take a while. If you take a taxi, it will be about $20 round trip. Parking around the convention center is not great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cyn_mgmt1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Cedar Park, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here due to the proximity of the 4th of July fireworks and Austin Symphony Orchestra free performance. It was the perfect location for this! The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and the staff was helpful. The complimentary made-to-order breakfast was a great treat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Sugar Land
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here because it was one of the convention hotels. Didn't realize it was nearly a mile from the convention! Not what we were looking for. Front desk person seemed irritated that we wanted to check in. We were there before official check in time so room was not ready, which was fine and understandable. But instead of going ahead and taking my check info and offering to text/call me when room was ready, I was told we couldn't do anything until room was ready and I'd need to come back every little bit to see when room was ready. Really?!?! Not a good start.
Rooms were nice size but beds were not comfortable. Had pre-requested extra towels, had to call and ask once we finally got in the room. Maid service came while we were there, which wasn't a prob. We just asked for bath and beds to be freshened, and extra towels. She acted put out, and did not leave extra towels.
Food was terrible! Managers reception was pitiful! Only beer was two local micro brewery beers. Wine was bad. Snacks were pathetic compared to others Embassy Suites we've stayed in. Breakfast buffet was awful! One person working the hot orders, on a busy Sat morning with a sold out convention, a baseball team, and a wedding party in house. Lines took forever. My son said his omelette tasted like raw egg, no one else ordered one. None cooked-to-order items were nasty looking. I finally found some pastries that were wonderful! Didn't have them the next day. We were afraid to try the actual restaurant after our experience with the other food.
Overall, this is the worst Embassy we've ever stayed in, and will prob not again! Even our teenage boys, who normally love Embassy Suites, said this was awful. Very disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Micki L
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to me. I am forwarding your information regarding your check in experience as well as housekeeping experience to our staff. My Food and Beverage manager is addressing the comments. Again I am sorry that this was not a great experience for you. My hope is that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Jody Smith
DFW, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent night sleep in the wonderful beds at this hotel!!! The hotel was clean, super comfortable, quiet rooms and very nice to stay at. Our room was facing downtown Austin so the view was beautiful also. Staff was very helpful too. The breakfast was ok, some of the food wasn't great, but much to choose from!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Donna C
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I attended a convention in Austin s Texas and stayed at the E.Suits (HH). It was indeed an excellent , experience. If it's comfort, safety and courtesy you are seeking when away...I suggest E.S. Additionally, this was my first experience with Embassy Suits. However, it will not be my last.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Bobby J
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

A nice hotel to stay near attractions, good restaurants, and nice shops. I was there for a wedding in Austin. Staff was very helpful, room was clean and comfortable, and food was good. The buffet breakfast exceeded my expectations with omelettes made to order, and every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Arlington, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful & relaxing long weekend in Austin, TX. at the Town Lake Embassy Suites. We enjoyed the location and the convenience and accessibility to Austin attractions. This is a definite repeat long weekend stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family