“Room and staff are wonderful”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake
Ranked #44 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the first night of our honeymoon. The staff was welcoming and remembered we were on our honeymoon when we checked in.

We were given ideas for dinner close byl and it was great. When we returned to the room there was champagne, cheese and fruit plate waiting for us. Very nice touch.

The view of city lights was nice and bed was comfy.

When we went to happy hour the bartender was just closing but opened up for us. She was sweet enough to offer 2 drinks as she was closing.

The only downside was the parking. I would go ahead and pay the extra for valet.

Would I stay again? Yes. thanks to all of you who made our night.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I don't care either way what they are called, when there is one crawling in my room around my bed and bathroom they are all the same to me! I had just finished moving rooms because the first one they put me in smelled heavily of smoke and caused my head to hurt and nose to run. If the front desk staff hadn't been so quick to send someone to spray my room and it wasn't 10 p.m., I might have left, but I didn't sleep at all. The garage is really awkward, with no easy way to get in to the hotel, again, with it being so late felt uncomfortable. The breakfast looked amazing, but with all the guests I barely made it to a few stations to get food and then it was over. I wouldn't stay here again, even with its proximity to downtown and Hilton affiliation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

Jody Smith

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here for four nights. When we left we felt like family. Not only are made to order breakfast, two hours of happy hour cocktails and van service within a two mile radius included. The staff is wonderful. We also had room service bring us dinner the first night we were there.
Wow. The steak we ordered is one of the best we have had in ages. The prices are very decent.

We moved to a different hotel closer to the airport our last night. What a mistake. If you are going to Austin, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This location Downtown Austin represents the brand well. Our favorite amenity of ES is their awesome and convenient breakfast. This location has an indoor pool. We enjoyed the pool and appreciated the late hours of use.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Embassy suites could not manage effectively the amount of people that were staying there. Ran out of coffee at breakfast. Pancakes were pasty. Elevators to the garage were filthy. Emergency with a child who fell, no hotel staff helped. Rooms were not made up or they came at 4pm while we were getting ready for the evening. The location of hotel is good, but the rest is very poor.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a former Austinite, I was very particular when it came to picking a hotel for a recent weekend trip. I wanted to be a cheap cab ride from a downtown wedding we were attending and wanted to be within walking distance to the hike and bike trail at Town (Ladybird) Lake. The Embassy Suites served both of those needs and more! The hotel is on several bus lines, making it easy to get to many locations around central Austin. The rooms are huge, gorgeous, and look recently redone. The bathrooms in particular were beautiful. The hotel also offers a free happy hour in the evenings with snacks and free breakfast in the mornings that was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever eaten!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family & I just returned from a 4-night stay in Austin. We were there for a wedding and family gathering. We choose this hotel because of the location and services that are usually ideal for a family trip. We always try to use Embassy Suites and we were looking forward to this hotel in Austin. I wish I could give the hotel 4 stars, even 3 stars. But, in reviewing the stay there were simply too many situations that made the trip simply disappointing.
(1) No maid service for almost two straights days (2) Dirty! Dirty elevators, dirty hallways. I blame guests more than staff on this but more must be done to prevent the messy appearance. (2) One very rude door man who had the nerve to lecture me on how to taxi's "work" in Austin in front of my daughter. Mind you, I travel for business and have been to Austin no less than a dozen times before. (3) Buffet was a nightmare. (4) Happy hour, bartender preceded to chat up a colleague (not work related) while customers had to stand around and wait. (5) When we checked into room, there were four of us, in a two-queen suite, there were only 2 bath towels & 3 hangers in closet?
Finally, when a young boy, not related, fell and smashed his face in the lobby, not one staff person came over to personally assist. Yes, we received ice and paper towels and they mopped the blood from floor, but no one but my mother (a nurse) and myself assisted helping this child.

Positives: Front desk staff were very nice & friendly. Other doormen were very nice and helpful. Pool was clean and plenty of towels for kids. Location is great. Room size is good for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Jody Smith