We had a nice weekend stay here at the Embassy Suites on Town Lake. One of the best aspects of this hotel is the location - it's on S. Congress which is my favorite part of Austin. It's on the same street as a lot of great stores and restaurants. Plus we were able to walk to the Christmas "Trail of Lights" at a park about a mile away.
The hotel itself is pretty nice, the rooms are updated. It would have been nice if the tv had HD cable, but not a big deal. Parking is $15 which kind of stinks also. The evening reception was nice, had choices of sangria, margaritas, beer, wine and some snacks, all for free so that's great.
My main complaint was with the breakfast which is supposed to be one of the big perks of Embassy Suites. We went down to breakfast at 930, and so it was pretty crowded at this time. However I don't think the hotel had the best setup. All the hot breakfast items were in a single line so whether you wanted a made-to-order omelette or something simple you had to wait in a line that took about 30 minutes. They had another serving area where they could've put pre-made scrambled eggs and bacon or whatever, but they left that area completely empty of any kind of food. It didn't make any sense!
So our free hot breakfast consisted of grapefruit, honeydew, and yogurt. Pretty pathetic by any hotel breakfast standards, and not at all what I had come to expect from Embassy Suites.
In any case, that's pretty much my only knock on this hotel, but it's enough for me to look for somewhere else to stay in Austin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Austin, Texas on South Congress Avenue, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown/Town Lake hotel offers convenient access to many attractions. Situated opposite the scenic Lady Bird Lake and its surrounding hike and bike trail, this downtown Austin hotel is the ideal destination for extended stays and short breaks. Find entertainment for the whole family at the trendy Warehouse District, historic 6th Street, Barton Springs Pool and the South Congress ‘SoCo’ shopping district. Highlights •Downtown all-suite Austin hotel on South Congress Avenue •Near Austin entertainment, including 6th Street and the Warehouse District •Located adjacent to Lady Bird Lake and the Congress Avenue Bridge •Free made-to-order breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception* •Newly renovated lobby, restaurants and bar •Flexible Austin hotel meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas Hotel Austin
- Austin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Austin Downtown