The hotel is beautiful at first look but after staying a few days, I've noticed many shortcomings. I was given one of the end suites with both rooms having windows facing outside, except the views are terrible. The biggest problem was the infestation of ants in the bathroom. They were the small ants that you wouldn't notice at first, but there was quite a lot. The parking garage is an annoying walk around the back of the building. You also have to park on level 3 and above, and it is very dark and sketchy. Eventually, as a female, I paid for the valet parking. Because the parking garage is around the back of the street, the valet always took a long time to get the car to the lobby. The reception is always short staffed. It always takes a while before someone answers, both in person and on the phone. Their service was also not great. The receptionists were never happy, they looked annoyed and seemed to hate their job. The sheets also had weird stains on them. The climate control isn't great. The wifi is passable.
There are good things too. The rooms are huge; they're two room suites. The fitness center is very nice. It has 5 cardio machines and lots of weights. The breakfast was nice; there's a chef that makes omelets for everyone and it comes with potatoes and meat. There's a lot of yogurt, fruit, bread, oatmeal and drinks. The location is good, an ok walk to downtown across the bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Austin, Texas on South Congress Avenue, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown/Town Lake hotel offers convenient access to many attractions. Situated opposite the scenic Lady Bird Lake and its surrounding hike and bike trail, this downtown Austin hotel is the ideal destination for extended stays and short breaks. Find entertainment for the whole family at the trendy Warehouse District, historic 6th Street, Barton Springs Pool and the South Congress ‘SoCo’ shopping district. Highlights •Downtown all-suite Austin hotel on South Congress Avenue •Near Austin entertainment, including 6th Street and the Warehouse District •Located adjacent to Lady Bird Lake and the Congress Avenue Bridge •Free made-to-order breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception* •Newly renovated lobby, restaurants and bar •Flexible Austin hotel meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas Hotel Austin
- Austin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Austin Downtown