Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake
Ranked #63 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Denver, Colorado
“Good trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my first time in Austin, so I was completely unfamiliar with the location. I had training at the Hyatt Regency, but after some Google searches I found the Embassy Suites. I always have pleasant experiences at ES, so this was ideal. Before booking, I called the local number and confirmed that the ES was as close as it looked and they assured me it was. They were correct, it was just a parking lot away.

The room was large and well appointed. I had to do some work the afternoon I checked in, and found the workspace to be good. The bathroom was good with a large walk-in shower; good water pressure and temperature. I also like the Crabtree & Evelyn tolietries. The bed was very comfortable - lots of pillows and comfortable bedding.

Breakfast was good each morning - made to order as advertised. The managers reception is generally why I book the ES. It's a nice and inexpensive way to wind down after a tough day. To my surprise, one of my favorite microbrews was on tap. There is a restaurant on site - not my favorite menu, but I'm a really simple eater - I ended up with pizza one night and a kids grilled cheese another night. My only complaint is that you cannot bring in outside food during the manager reception because they have a restuarant on-site (pls note, I was NOT in the restuarant when told this). Which I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with if their menu was appealing to all, not to mention when staying multiple nights, you need variety. I was traveling alone, so being able to say in during the evenings was my preference.

Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wanted to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass, but someone was in the business center and did not appear to be in any hurry. When I checked to see if the internet kiosk's in the lobby printed, I was told no; however the front desk agent offer to help me. She even helped me get a better seat assignment.

It's a good location. Near the "Bat" bridge, if you have any interest in that. There are a few bars/restuarants very nearby. Seemed to have to good access to the airport. 6th Street fun is just on the other side of the bridge.

The on-site gift shop came in very handy - after waking up with a cold my first morning there, it was great to have cold medicine nearby and not have to wander the streets of Austin for a Walgreens.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, facing downtown Austin - it was quiet with a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tarad21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on business related trips, but this month was the best. The newly renovated rooms are awesome! I love the bed! And my favorite part is the Crabtree & Evelyn bath products :)

4* coz' the breakfast could be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Austin. My husband was attending a conference nearby. We chose this hotel rather than the conference hotel for the upgraded free breakfast at Embassy Suites and the few dollars a night more that we paid was worth it.

Embassy Suites made us feel welcome from the time we arrived. There was always flavored water in the lobby on the days when it was warm and coffee on the last day when it turned cool and rainy.

The "made to order" breakfast was just as advertised. Everyone was able to get what they wanted for breakfast and it was constantly being restocked, tables cleared, etc. Happy hour in the evenings was the same.

Our king suite was very spacious and allowed one of us to work while the other one slept uninterrupted. The shower was large and had lots of hot water and good pressure. My only complaint was the cricket in my room - just the luck of the draw.

All things considered, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed 4 nightes Oct. 3-7, 2012. Hotel is in great shape. Rooms are very spacious and updated. Managers special was very good. Did not have a rental car. If you dont mind walking to town which is a decent walk to 6th st. a car is not needed. Hotel shuttle will take you to close by places but not to Airport. Hotel was crowded on weekend which made finding a seat for breakfast very hard. Could add more seating on weekends or when hotel is full. Area resturants are close. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
North Wildwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Congress street bridge. Party time watching the bats It felt like tailgating Batman was there and 1. Million bats did not disappoint Then off into the city to the Bat Bar the hotel was great near ev.erything in a small city I highly recommend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We spent four nights here and had a great time. Location was perfect: we could either walk everywhere or use the buses which are regular and incredibly cheap at two dollars for 24 hours. The suite was very spacious and lacked for nothing. Very comfortable seats in the living area and the bed was also comfortable. Air con was easy to control and quiet. Structure of the building which had an internal atrium also provided great views. Three lifts were very fast: the hotel was full and we never had to wait long for a lift to arrive or get us to our suite on the seventh floor. There is an efficient coin operated laundry which is very useful if you are on a long vacation. Breakfast was cooked to order by very efficient, pleasant staff, and the happy hour/ managers reception early evening was a good prelude to going out to our evening meal. We noticed that a lot of people seemed to enjoy the food which accompanied the free beer and wine,but we did not need this. The iced water flavoured with fruits available in the lobby was a lovely touch. Housekeeping was excellent and on the one day we got back and our rooms hadn't been done(which was probably due to us being in them in the middle of the day), a phone call to the front desk produced the maid within two minutes. The standard of the in room tea and coffee supplies were excellent. My husband used the pool and tub each day and enjoyed them. We had a great time in Austin and would strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was ok but not worth the money it had a great location and a very friendly front desk staff but that is about as far as it goes. I stayed on the executive floor and with the exception of a extra desk space and tea and coffee available all day there was nothing special about paying the extra price for staying on this floor,no separate check in or lounge. Two days out of my stay I had to complain to house keeping that my towels were dirty and needed to be replaced and it took most of the day to remove trays discarded from the rooms out of the hallway. Over all the experience wasn't terrible but for the service I will go with a little less expensive hotel next time or something a little more exclusive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Toni T
JodySmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we hope you enjoyed the wedding. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have corrected the hallway issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Kind Regards,