This was my first time in Austin, so I was completely unfamiliar with the location. I had training at the Hyatt Regency, but after some Google searches I found the Embassy Suites. I always have pleasant experiences at ES, so this was ideal. Before booking, I called the local number and confirmed that the ES was as close as it looked and they assured me it was. They were correct, it was just a parking lot away.
The room was large and well appointed. I had to do some work the afternoon I checked in, and found the workspace to be good. The bathroom was good with a large walk-in shower; good water pressure and temperature. I also like the Crabtree & Evelyn tolietries. The bed was very comfortable - lots of pillows and comfortable bedding.
Breakfast was good each morning - made to order as advertised. The managers reception is generally why I book the ES. It's a nice and inexpensive way to wind down after a tough day. To my surprise, one of my favorite microbrews was on tap. There is a restaurant on site - not my favorite menu, but I'm a really simple eater - I ended up with pizza one night and a kids grilled cheese another night. My only complaint is that you cannot bring in outside food during the manager reception because they have a restuarant on-site (pls note, I was NOT in the restuarant when told this). Which I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with if their menu was appealing to all, not to mention when staying multiple nights, you need variety. I was traveling alone, so being able to say in during the evenings was my preference.
Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wanted to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass, but someone was in the business center and did not appear to be in any hurry. When I checked to see if the internet kiosk's in the lobby printed, I was told no; however the front desk agent offer to help me. She even helped me get a better seat assignment.
It's a good location. Near the "Bat" bridge, if you have any interest in that. There are a few bars/restuarants very nearby. Seemed to have to good access to the airport. 6th Street fun is just on the other side of the bridge.
The on-site gift shop came in very handy - after waking up with a cold my first morning there, it was great to have cold medicine nearby and not have to wander the streets of Austin for a Walgreens.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Austin, Texas on South Congress Avenue, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown/Town Lake hotel offers convenient access to many attractions. Situated opposite the scenic Lady Bird Lake and its surrounding hike and bike trail, this downtown Austin hotel is the ideal destination for extended stays and short breaks. Find entertainment for the whole family at the trendy Warehouse District, historic 6th Street, Barton Springs Pool and the South Congress ‘SoCo’ shopping district. Highlights •Downtown all-suite Austin hotel on South Congress Avenue •Near Austin entertainment, including 6th Street and the Warehouse District •Located adjacent to Lady Bird Lake and the Congress Avenue Bridge •Free made-to-order breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception* •Newly renovated lobby, restaurants and bar •Flexible Austin hotel meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Downtown/Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake Austin Texas Hotel Austin
- Austin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Austin Downtown