“Outstanding! Service Beyond Expectation!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #97 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I apologize that this comes a month after our stay, but I must commend everyone on your property! From check in, we were like royalty. All of the staff made us feel like we at home. Jasmine, Mia, Taylor, Ricardo, Maro, Terry and Ramon to name a few! Your breakfast is outstanding, reception was always a hit and the hotel atrium with all the fish swimming around the very large pond was great. I hope that we get the chance to all come back again. Again, please pass along our Thanks to all of your staff.

Rodney

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay with Embassy regularly and have never been dissapointed. The hotel is a little older than others I have stayed with but still has a great center atrium with areas for relaxing and enjoying food and company.

The staff is very attantive and will take care of any needs immediately.

Of course, the breakfast included and is fresh cooked for you with plenty of variety.

There are some rougher neighborhoods around but I have not heard of or experienced any issues with parking.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This Embassy Suites lived up to the level of service and comfort I expected. I'm in a Hilton-owned property 45 weeks each year, so I have a firm foundation for comparison. The front desk staff is friendly and always greets everyone entering or leaving. The housekeeping staff were quick and efficient as I was working in my suite while they refreshed it. I had take-out from the restaurant two of my four nights there The food was great and the service friendly. The manager's happy hour in the atrium was a nice way to meet other travelers. The cooked ot order breakfast was great every morning.

My room (119) didn't have a clock or a hair dryer. I don't need a dryer, but it's nice to know the time when I wake up having forgotten where I am that week.

I will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ktm_scott
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very busy location yet quiet inside. Picked for the perks alone (included full breakfast, happy hour, free parking, indoor pool/hot tub). Our suite was spacious, staff was kind, helpful, and location was an easy drive to anywhere. If at an upscale, glitzy hotel we'd pay sooo much more for less just to say we stayed there. Instead we picked value over glam, and had more money to spend doing stuff in the city than paying for a place to park/sleep. Will return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a fantastic experience from the moment the shuttle picked me up at the airport. The shuttle was $12 compared to about $27-$35 in a cab, so that was a great deal. The driver was fun, polite, and not only took me to the hotel to check in, but quickly got me to the convention center that I need to be at. He got my luggage to my room and it was all waiting for me when I returned.

The front desk manager Ramon was also super friendly, made me feel welcome, and always made sure I had my convention center shuttle rides set up, as well as was very professional and helpful. The room was clean, well kept, and comfortable. Wi-f was an additional $10 if you buy it in your room, but free if you grab it from the lobby.

Breakfast and manager's reception was excellent daily. Everyone had a smile and was friendly!

Overall very good experience! Keep up the good work Embassy Suites!

Room Tip: hint - get a room closer to the lobby area and lower floor and you can access the lobby wi-fi free i...
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Central in Austin Texas for a business trip. It's location in near Austin, next to the expressway. The Texas hospitality of the staff was much appreciated. They conveyed a friendliness and were always willing to help.
The breakfast and managers reception were also big pluses of this hotel.
The only thing to note is the physical facility itself and the rooms need to be updated. While they are kept clean, they look old and tired.
I would still visit this hotel if my travels take me back to Austin Texas.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel to keep from hearing the road noise.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at multiple Embassy Suites locations, all over the country, and this location is average. It is not the best Embassy location, but also not the worst location.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The carpet appeared to be new, which was nice. Our shower had some mildew. We stayed three nights and called reception for towels each evening because towels were not left for us. Housekeeping promptly brought the requested towels each time, but it was unfortunate we needed to request towels at all. There seemed to be an issue with our door; we had four key cards between us, and each of us had difficulty accessing our room at least once. The air in our room did not work properly; the bedroom was hot, but the living room (with the sleeper sofa) was cold. The thermostat was set at 65, yet each "bedroom" was uncomfortable.

The breakfast was acceptable. Some Embassy locations have one or two food staions; the breakfast at this location was set up in three stations, which helped with congestion. The made-to-order station offered omelets and pancakes. The hot self-serve station offered potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs, and french toast. The cold self-serve station included cereal, assorted breads, yogurt, and fruit. The hot food was okay, but not great. Variety would have been nice--being there multiple days, yet having the same (limited) options each day gets boring.

The manager's reception was acceptable. The snack options consisted of popcorn, chips and dip, and trail mix, depending on the evening. The bartenders were pleasant and made good drinks. The reception area is adjacent to the (indoor) pool. It seems that because of this, there are two unfortunate consequences: humidity/heat and mosquitos. The hotel has a lot of live plants and a water feature throughout the hotel. However, the spot nearest the pool appeared to be where most of the mosquitos were. I stayed at the hotel with my husband and parents and we all left our visit with multiple bites, incurred during the manager's reception.

The hotel stay was okay. There are many other hotel options in Austin--I plan on staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning air conditioning and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Hospitably yours