Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #101 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We as a family usually stay at ES in San Marcos but they were booked this time so we got reservation here. My wife is a Diamond member with Hilton and we got reward reservation.
So, where to start. Reservation was wrong apon arrival, we were booked into Smoking room, so we were accomodated to smaller room. It was horrid. Dirt was everywhere. The rooms look like it is outdated Motel 6. Furniture dirty and old. Curtains and sleep blunket had huge holes, Toilet tank lid does not fit and smaller than tank itself. There black markings on the walls, and bath tub does not drain while in the shower. In the lobby one of the elevators out of service and there lines of customers to the working one. Lobby dirty and dreary. In general this hotel looks like huge appartment complex and not worthy to spend a single dollar. Take your money to the better place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest room and lobby were of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look toward updating the condition of our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback.

If you can respond back to me with your actual room number I cannot tell you how much I would appreciate it. All the issues you referenced I would like to personally ensure are taken care of it at all possible.

Hospitably yours,
Jim Reist

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This was an excellent hotel and we would love to stay here again!
The property was very clean and in a nice location.
The made to order breakfast was wonderful! And the managers reception in the evening was not only free, but excellent!
We had the opportunity to eat at the Lynx Steakhouse twice during our stay, which is on the property, the food was excellent and so was the service! We also used the pool. It was perfect! Very clean and temperature of water and the pool room itself were perfect!
Our only complaint about this property was that our air conditioning in our room never worked properly, even after having it looked at by the maintenance man. Not sure what the problem was. Other than that our stay was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2012

It was wonderful to hear back such positive comments from our guests, though I have noted the a/c unit concerns to my engineering staff. The reviews here are shared will staff members (posted in our break room) so we can learn from the negative reviews but also feel like employees hard work is appreciated.

Comments like yours really help with employee morale and I feel persnonally indebted to everyone who takes the time to share positive experiences. Thank you!

Hospitably yours,
Jim Reist

Reviewed June 5, 2012

OK, lets be honest, its not the Ritz, or Four Seasons, but it is a clean, well-staffed hotel, with free parking, in a good location (right off of highway 35) with lots of benefits.

Yes, the hotel is a bit older, but its not "falling apart" by any means. The free breakfast offers made-to-order omellets and pancakes, bacon/sausage, coffee/juice/tea/milk, fresh fruit, muffins, hot/cold cereal, potatoes and french toast sticks. In the afternoon a nice, FREE, happy hour with your choice of two types of beer and some other alcoholic beverages (gin, vodka, rum, etc.) with fresh popcorn, dips and tortillas. No the alcohol not top shelf, but it is free and a nice little benefit.

Our room was very clean and large. We had a mini-fridge, microwave and two extra sinks in the rooms (all suites), not including the couch, desk and extra TV. In fact all the TVs were flat screen (something that you can still not find at other more expensive hotels). The bed and pillows were very comfortable as well. If I had to be picky, some of the grout in the bathroom shower was cracking and needed to be replaced, but it wasnt anything that would cause you not to want to take a shower in it.

Hotel staff was very nice as well. Always cleaning our dishes at the happy hour/breakfasts, bringing us extra towels quickly and never making us ask twice. The front desk personnel was extrememly helpful, too. As out-of-towners, they offered us maps, discussed places to go/not to go, when to go and gave us frank, honest opinions (no matter how many questions we asked). :)

Being in town for a wedding located downtown, we dont regret staying here even though most other wedding guests stayed downtown. Well worth the money and we would def consider staying again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of downtown, if possible on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Venis3
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed overnight here recently when we traveled to Austin to see my son's high school compete in state one act play competition. We checked in on Wednesday afternoon and almost immediately left for the University of Texas. The property is very conveniently located near the university. At about 10:15 PM I realized that we would not have an opportunity to get an evening meal. I called back to the hotel room service and requested that they deliver food to our room in our absence before room service closed at 11:00 PM. When we arrived back at the room at 1:00 AM our food was waiting for us and was a welcome site. We slept comfortably and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast on Thursday morning before we started home. Overall, this property had everything that I look for in a hotel - good food; quiet, clean room; friendly, reliable service; good coffee in room. I would stay here again. As others have noted in their reviews, this in an older property but I found no deficiencies. I tend to be picky about housekeeping and did notice that a tissue lying in the hallway was never picked up (even though someone vacuumed around it) while we were there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites the weekend of UT graduation. The hotel was very busy. Unfortunately, one of the four elevators was down the whole weekend which slowed moving from the lobby to your room and visa versa. We stayed on the 2nd floor but could not find a staircase that would take us one floor down to the lobby without taking an elevator. We did find one on our last day that goes through the pool. The water pressure isn't great and the toilets don't do their job most of the time. We had to call twice to get someone to fix our toilet... we only stayed 2 nights. There are tons of mosquitoes on the ground floor due to all the fountains but a decent breakfast at a hotel is a rare treat nowadays. Open food trays at breakfast (especially the fruit) were a target for the bugs so I passed on most of these.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sophie B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning toilet in your room and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team to ensure all plumbing in the building is up to standards. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for all guests and we regret that your stay was short of that. We hope that you will give us another chance when you’re in the area to see our improvements.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This Embassy Suites is a bit older but is still nicely maintained. The rooms are large with all of the amenities that you would expect in a suite hotel. We cranked down the A/C but could never really get the room cool enough, and that was my only real issue. Also, there was a considerable amount of noise coming from the room above ours. They have a nice Happy Hour every day with free cocktails and chips/salsa and popcorn. In the mornings they have a very nice breakfast with a hot buffet station, a cold buffet section and omelets and pancakes cooked to order. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There are restaurants and shopping nearby, and it is an easy drive to the UT campus (barring Austin traffic, of course!). Overall, a very nice stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Because this hotel has a lot of high school teams that stay while in Austin for sporting events, it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while touring University of Texas. Location was good, as it was near the University but outside of downtown. The hotel can be a bit tricky to get to as we found with several in Texas due to the service roads that run parallel to the highway and run only in one direction. You can see the hotel, but it may take a few runs before getting to it. The hotel is definitely older and a bit run down in areas. Some of the elevators were out of order while we were there. I wish they would extend breakfast until 10 am, we missed it both days. The rooms were clean and spacious, staff was friendly. I would return to the hotel but only with a good rate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family