“Very spacious and clean”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central
Ranked #102 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The hotel has very specious rooms with seperate sitting / kitchenette area. The lobby has some nice water features but is starting to look a bit outdated. The location is OK, not much to do in walking distance but downtown is only a 10 minute drive.

Drawback: the hotel bar closes at 10pm.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor, definetely less noisy
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We apprciate your positve comments regarding the room cleanliness and there size. Best of luck in your future travels!

Jim R

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Stayed here for a lazy love weekend and overall enjoyed the experience. I always love Embassy Suites for their picturesque lobby including a mini-pond, koi fish, and little waterfall. I usually love the breakfast but this location doesn't serve biscuits and gravy-- the one breakfast staple we were looking forward to! :( Oh well. The omeletes were fantastic and the manager's reception is perfection-- free booze always sounds good to me ;) Clean rooms, lots of space, decent location.... Overall, great experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misskita
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Misskita,
Thank you for a great review! I will let you in on a little secret. We always have a special breakfast dish prepared by the breakfast cook every morning. Let us know that you are coming and would like the biscuits and gravy and the cook will make sure that it is available the next day.

My personal favorite dish that we serve this way is migas. Twice in the last month, my request was changed at the last minute (guests come first!) and the breakfast staff did not prepare the migas. They had received a request for, you guessed it, biscuits and gravy!

Jim R.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

This hotel had two main problems, first, the beds, especially the pull out couch. It was incredibly uncomfortable, with springs sticking out in some places. The second problem was the humidity in the room. The hotel did little to control it, and because of that it was dank and damp in the room, with moisture evident when you walked across the carpet or changed clothes in the morning.
Not the most pleasant feeling.
All the same, it had a good breakfast, and it was reasonably priced, yet we had a better experience at cheaper hotels around the country.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roscoesquire

Roscoesquire,
Thank you for putting in a review of my hotel. I greatly appreciate your ranking of a 5 for service. Regarding the less stellar points you experienced, I hope you will consider contacting me directly at the hotel so I can follow up on those issues. One small section of the hotel has had humidity issues due to the sealing up of the sliding glass doors (prevents energy loss and noise intrusion) and I would like to make sure that when we fixed this issue that your rooms also got the new vent. The sofa springs are probably fixed by now, but just in case...if I find out your room number that you were in I can double check and verify!

Thanks again for writing a review!

Hospitably yours,
Jim R. General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here in February/March. The location may not suit everyone but perfect for us. Hotel was fantastic. Breakfast was great and also enjoyed the manager's reception. The separate living area and bedroom suited us perfectly as we were visiting our son in Austin. I really loved the atrium effect. Would love to stay at this hotel again. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but the steakhouse across the road is well worth a visit. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YogiEdinburgh

Yogiedinburgh,

I am very appreciative of your great review of my hotel. The Texas Land and Cattle steakhouse next door is also very appreciative of your comments as I took the liberty of showing them your comments.

I hope I get another chance to host you again on a trip here back to Austin TX. It is personally exciting to me to hear of a person not only enjoying my hotel, but my hometown as well!

Hospitably yours,
Jim R., General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a great value hotel for families with pets and kids. The indoor pool was great. Service was awesome. There is a daily reception with snacks and drinks and the breakfast was hot. They even cook omlets! Kids loved the glass elevators. Room furniture could use some updating and there was timed when dishes sat in the hall. Those things did not really bother me much. No free Internet, but a buisness room with free computer use and printing. Not in a great area, but not horrible. We will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Texmom26
GMAus, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin - Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Texmom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a complete and overall nice review! I did note your comments regarding the food trays and furniture. I certainly hope to see you return soon!

Jim

Reviewed November 19, 2010

nice looking hotel at convenient location.
wi-fi at room, swimming pool to relax after a workday.
good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank IgorKushnir
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We have stayed at many Embassy Suites through the years as we travel often with our children/dogs. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Austin, but it was all full this weekend. We were pleasantly surprised! While the hotel is a little older, they have done a good job of keeping it up and updating. The hotel was very full, so breakfast in the morning while adequate was chaotic. We like having the two separate rooms that Embassy Suites have to offer as some of us like to stay up and others like to sleep in. The location of the hotel was on the IH35 N. access road. While it was convenient, you had to be careful and not miss the entrance on the one way streets bordering the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was no charge for parking, which is unusual for Austin hotels. Even though the hotel was very full, it was quiet with no night time hallway noise.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family