“A Good Stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #57 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Breakfast and room service were both very good, but the service at dinner was not. Nice clean rooms and friendly staff overall. Clean and well kept pool and hot tub. Bedding was a bit strange. Overall was a good stay - I would stay at a Double Tree again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Kate R,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am delighted that your overall stay was positive, but want to apologize for the service challenges you received in our Courtyard Lounge. My contact information is below if you would like to talk about your experience in further detail.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The rooms are adequate, though a bit dark. The parking garage is dodgy and I wouldn't go through it at night, make sure you lock up and hide your valuables. The restaurant misprinted my receipt preventing me from being properly reimbursed for my actual expenses.

Dear Jason C,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your meal receipt. Feel free to contact me at John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com, it would be my pleasure to assist you in receiving your correct receipt.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Room were comfortable; rooms were a little too warm even at 67 degrees; access to hotel from interstate highway was excellent. Service at events we attended where food was served was outstanding. I would recommend it. Parking was easy. Easy access to businesses such as restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Vickie L,
Thank you for the great 5 star review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I want to apologize that you had issues with your AC unit but was pleased to read it did not impact your overall stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were on the HiltonHonors floor and we had a great balcony and view of the pool area! The location was great and we were by a lot of good restaurants. They used to have a great free breakfast but now you have to pay. Also the little gift store closed and I needed Tylenol and had to wait till the AM when it opened so it would make sense for that to be open 24 hours like the hotel is.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear MelissamE1202XN,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel for your most recent trip. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your courtyard facing room with a pool view. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I do not know where to start. The first issue was with the check in staff. No eye contact and they mumbled. Then no offer of a warm cookie! This is a Double Tree for goodness sake! The room we received was loaded with MOLD and MILDEW! Walking off the elevators onto the 6th floor of extreme heat. The staff stated the engineers were working on the a/c issue but for our entire stay, it was never working. Our room had dirt on the registers or black mold. My business partner had to take sinus medicine the entire time we stayed there. We know the hotel is dated but the first point of action staff needs to be trained or fired. We spoke to the night manager and he did his best to listen but no real action taken to make our stay better. The valet staff was your saving grace for a few moments. They were very kind and helpful. This hotel needs a complete overall. So sorry to report this :(

1  Thank Jeanne S

Dear Jeanne S,
Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent trip to Austin. I want to sincerely apologize for the service challenges you encountered during your stay and would encourage you to reach out to me so we can talk about your stay in further detail.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at the DoubleTree for my grandson's graduation from UT. The DoubleTree looked as though it had been recently renovated with a new Spanish motif. The rooms were well appointed and roomy. Room 441 was larger than my son's room and opened on the courtyard. It is conveniently located close to the elevator to the garage (but not too close that you experience the noise). The hotel was convenient to the university and some great Austin restaurants. Service at the hotel was prompt and breakfast was served with a smile. The bar in the hotel especially enjoyable, great drinks and good place relax.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for a room on the courtyard..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear TayeToo,
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Doubletree By Hilton Austin Hotel. I was happy to read that you were able to enjoy the many amenities the hotel has to offer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I am currently here for a work conference. Though I checked in at 9:00am they managed to have a room available for me. They also manage to get me a mini-fridge to store my medication. The location is nice with a lot of shopping and stores around. The room is clean even though the building itself shows a little wear. The only drawback I have seen so far is the elevators. They are small and slow. Luckily there are only 6 floors to the hotel so I'll probably be taking the stairs a lot. Good customer service at the front desk. So far I am very impressed.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear drwatsonjd,
Thank you for writing regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was thrilled to read that we were able to accommodate you and your requests it a timely manner. We hope you enjoyed your entire stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

All the Best,