“If you can't find anywhere else”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #54 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
dallas, United States
“If you can't find anywhere else”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

we booked this hotel for a large group event. There were 19 rooms booked and despite this the service was about what you'd expect at a motel 6. If they put as much effort into everything else that they do in their cookies it might be a different story. The hotel is charge to park facility. Annoying. If I'm paying 600.00 for two nights my parking should be free. Our room wasn't addressed by staff until 4:00 p.m. We called twice to find out what the hold up was. first we were told they had until 2:30, then we were told 4:30. Overall I'd just find somewhere else to stay. It's not anything exceptional and for the rate they charge and the service they give save the money and stay somewhere else

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing details regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to read that you did not receive the excellent service we pride ourselves on, please accept my most sincere apologies. The issue you mentioned has received follow up from our housekeeping department, we will use your feedback to improve our service and to ensure that this does not occur for future guests.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to reach out to me at 512-374-4809 or John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love this hotel style. It has a Spanish style, with the rooms surrounding a huge courtyard.

The hotel seems relatively old, with an outdated elevator and common areas, but it's part of the style.

Using my corporate rate, it's the more affordable Hilton hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin during your recent business trip. It was nice to read that our Spanish Architecture was to your liking, it is a big hit with most of our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
HOUSTON
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I visited the Austin Doubletree for a conference. The conference facilities were very nice, the conference room staff were attentive to our needs. The room was clean, with a beautiful view of the pool area. Couldn't have asked for better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for writing about the conference you attended at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our banquet team works extremely hard and I am pleased to read you were able to experience them at their best. Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Austin.

Best Wishes,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I liked the location of the hotel (north Austin) since I was driving there. We had free parking, which was a plus. The rooms were nice and surprisingly quiet, being that the hotel is close to the highway.

1 Thank BarbK303
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your room and location. Thank you again, and I hope your meeting went well.

All the Best,
The Woodlands, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Fantastic stay! Great, friendly, professional staff that was willing to exceed expectations. Hotel was is excellent condition. I just wish I could have stayed a little longer! Thank you to Rodney at the front office for quick, exceptional service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic remarks about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I was extremely pleased to read you were able to meet Rodney. He is a huge asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along this great comment to him.

Warm Regards,
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The room contained 2 beds, one made up and the other only a sheet and pillows stacked on a nearby chair. Too late and tired to get housekeeping to makeup the room so slept with spare blanket over me. Not comfortable for a luxury hotel. Didn't sleep well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay in Austin. I am deeply sorry that your room was not ready at the time of your check in. I can assure you that this has been followed up with to ensure it does not happen in the future. My contact information is below and I would be more than happy to discuss your stay in further detail.

512-374-4809
John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
Lufkin, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Overall, I'd say this is a very nice hotel. The one thing that really bothered me was the quality of internet service. I did not pay for the "premium" service, but for the free version. The speed was so slow I could not stream anything on my iPad, so forget about trying to watch anything on Netflix, Hulu, etc. I personally believe that internet service is something that you should not have to pay for anymore. The other thing is the location. This hotel is not in the best part of Austin. The mall across the highway is all but abandoned, and other stores are really in bad shape. If you want to experience the entertainment that Austin is known for, you'd probably want to stay a few miles closer towards the downtown area. However, it is handy that there are a couple of well known chain restaurants in walking distance if you don't feel like driving. If you are there strictly for business or a quick overnight stay, there's nothing to complain about.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We offer complimentary basic internet service and an extremely fast premium service for a small fee. I am glad that you were able to experience some of the great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, they are very popular with our guests. Thank you again, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Best Wishes,