“Good location for meeting”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #54 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I liked the location of the hotel (north Austin) since I was driving there. We had free parking, which was a plus. The rooms were nice and surprisingly quiet, being that the hotel is close to the highway.

1  Thank BarbK303
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your room and location. Thank you again, and I hope your meeting went well.

All the Best,
Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Fantastic stay! Great, friendly, professional staff that was willing to exceed expectations. Hotel was is excellent condition. I just wish I could have stayed a little longer! Thank you to Rodney at the front office for quick, exceptional service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic remarks about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I was extremely pleased to read you were able to meet Rodney. He is a huge asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along this great comment to him.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The room contained 2 beds, one made up and the other only a sheet and pillows stacked on a nearby chair. Too late and tired to get housekeeping to makeup the room so slept with spare blanket over me. Not comfortable for a luxury hotel. Didn't sleep well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay in Austin. I am deeply sorry that your room was not ready at the time of your check in. I can assure you that this has been followed up with to ensure it does not happen in the future. My contact information is below and I would be more than happy to discuss your stay in further detail.

512-374-4809
John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Overall, I'd say this is a very nice hotel. The one thing that really bothered me was the quality of internet service. I did not pay for the "premium" service, but for the free version. The speed was so slow I could not stream anything on my iPad, so forget about trying to watch anything on Netflix, Hulu, etc. I personally believe that internet service is something that you should not have to pay for anymore. The other thing is the location. This hotel is not in the best part of Austin. The mall across the highway is all but abandoned, and other stores are really in bad shape. If you want to experience the entertainment that Austin is known for, you'd probably want to stay a few miles closer towards the downtown area. However, it is handy that there are a couple of well known chain restaurants in walking distance if you don't feel like driving. If you are there strictly for business or a quick overnight stay, there's nothing to complain about.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We offer complimentary basic internet service and an extremely fast premium service for a small fee. I am glad that you were able to experience some of the great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, they are very popular with our guests. Thank you again, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

At bottom of reservation said that your delicious cookies would be waiting in my room, I did not get any on the first day of my arrival. Your lovely event coordinator gave my friends and I three cookies each as we left on tuesday/April 8,2014. Our group ADCCW from Austin, TX had a convention at the Doubletree. Sandy McDaniel

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I want to sincerely apologize that you did not receive your cookie at check in, although I am pleased to read that we were able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My check-in was quick and efficient. The lady checking me in was delightfully pleasant. My cookies were warm and delicious! My bed was super comfy, the room was clean and quiet, and the view looking down into the courtyard was beautiful! I wish the fountains had been working, but due to citywide restrictions, they weren't. :( My only complaint was a quite lengthy trek from the parking garage to my room. But hey, I needed the exercise.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I was pleased to read that you were able to check in and get into your room in a quick and efficient manner. I do apologize that you were not closer to the Garage, but glad to see it did not affect your trip. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hands down one the nicest hotels in the area and a friendly staff to boot! Doubletree has a ton of features, gorgeous pool and courtyard, and huge rooms. would recommend to anyone. Pretty Close to downtown Austin and at half the price of the downtown hotels. Easily accessible from I-35 and close to a couple nice places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay. Thank you again and we would be happy to see you back.