“Spanish theme hotel”

Ranked #53 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Spanish theme hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Nice change from the usual Austin hotel, normally would not have stayed at this hotel, but due to most hotels being sold out I had to book this one which was a little further out. Very nice hotel, good service, has a Spanish theme to it, with the white stucco walls and red tile roof. Nice courtyard, swimming pool and hot tub. They have room service, full restaurant and gift shop.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you gave our hotel a try and that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Dickinson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have several meetings in Austin every year and I always choose this DoubleTree for my stay. It is always clean and convenient to my meeting. I would recommend to anyone, or any family, for business or pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel on for your business meetings. I was happy to read that everything went well. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Austin.

Best Wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Sarah, Austin DoubleTree Catering Sales Mgr, and the entire staff was absolutely wonderful in making our daughter's wedding wishes come true! Sarah helped with every detail, kept us motivated and on task throughout the whole process. Her decorating ideas were awesome and vendor recommendations was spot on. Our daughter's rustic, burlap & lace wedding looked amazing! The flowers were gorgeous, the photographers tireless, and DJ was a whole lot of fun! What's even more incredible, for the money, you won't find a better value anywhere (which we certainly appreciated because our other daughter got married just 6 wks prior). Sarah's ideas for set up made the flow of events seamless. The staff, food and accommodations were fabulous! We literally didn't have to worry about one thing. We danced the night away with family and friends celebrating the occasion without a care in the world! Thank you, Sarah and everyone at the DoubleTree for enjoying what you do and doing it so well!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin to hold your daughter’s wedding. I am very pleased to read that Sarah was able to make everything flow seamlessly. We are very proud of Sarah and I will be sure to inform her of this kind remark.

Warm Regards,
Midland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband had to be in Austin for business, I tagged along. This hotel is outstanding in cleanliness & friendliness. The breakfast staff was outstanding, the food delicious, and they set the mood for a perfect day to relax and enjoy Austin. We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel. It is always very fulfilling to read feedback such as yours, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff and look forward to your next stay in Austin.

All the Best,
Hallettsville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hotel looks beautiful on outside, but once I stepped inside I noticed an unusual odor that was quite unpleasant. I thought maybe it was just a part of the hotel, but the hallways and the room smelled the same. Didn't expect that for what we paid for the room. Also, received an adjoining room, which we didn't ask for nor prefer. Guests in that adjoining room made a lot of noise. Walls were very thin.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Austin. I would like to sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, you can rest assured they will be addressed. We hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Austin.

Lewisville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I loved this hotel and found the place delightful and comfortable. I also could not hear anyone else, which is wonderful and rare! I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's also easy to locate and near wonderful restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for such kind remarks about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,
Austin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is not the first time I stayed at this DoubleTree. But it is the first time I was disappointed in my experience. As a "Silver Member" I was not given my water at check in and only found out that I was entitled after I saw the person at the front desk give it to someone checking in on my 4 night after I asked him if I was supposed to get something. He explained that it is a silver perk & gave me 1 water. At checkout the front desk person seemed to busy balancing receipts to give me the time of day to print my final bill (needed for my expense report). Instead I was handed a piece of scrap paper with peoples email addresses on it and told to add mine & he would email it later.(never got it, I had to call DoubleTree over a week later and request it. I also asked for a water and was told that "he was all out of water" I found it hard to believe but felt it was because he did not want to peal himself away from his task to help me. Also my room was cold (could not get thermostat to stay where I wanted) & my Ice Bucket liner was only replaced 2 out of 5 nights of my stay. I actually got extra liners to do it myself in the event that housekeeping did not.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing this helpful feedback in regards to your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced while visiting. As a silver member you do receive Honors perks such as bottled water in your room and unfortunately we fell short of providing you this amenity on this occasion, please rest assured that this is the exception and not the rule. I will be sure to follow up with our team to ensure this does not occur in the future.

My contact information is below and I would welcome the opportunity to talk further about your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly

512-374-4809