“The staff made our recent Silver Anniversary stay quite memorable!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #55 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We chose the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on I35 in North Austin to celebrate our Silver Anniversary. The staff was so kind - I asked to possibly upgrade to a suite when establishing the reservations a couple of months prior - but none were available. We were placed in a King Premier room with a spacious living area. We've stayed at the site many times - a favorite of ours both for the overall quality of the stay and its proximity to Pappadeaux's, a short walk across the street! A tremendous surprise came in the form of a knock at the door. I opened the door to find a nice young man with Room Service, there to deliver an iced bottle of bubbly and glasses, compliments of the staff. We've never had room service, or experienced that level generosity anywhere we've stayed. I hate to mention anything negative, but I've got a question. We loved the breakfast buffet but how does anyone run out of strawberry preserves? The waitress scurried about to try to find some, but the restaurant manager apparently failed to order any until there was none.

Room Tip: Our room on this trip was the nicest we have ever experienced. A premier room on the northwest corn...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel to celebrate such a wonderful milestone. I was pleased to read that we were able to go above and beyond to ensure that your stay will be a memory for the ages. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Was only there for one night but the hotel was great, the cookies were great as well (ask for at the counter)! Did take a long time for room service to bring up some things I order, but i could have been because they were taking care of a big wedding party that day as well. Staff was friendly as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am sorry to read that you had to wait a little longer than expected for Room Service and you have my assurance that I will be looking into that. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I needed a room during SXSW and didn't know it until less than a week out. This Doubletree is about 4.5 miles from downtown, but it turns out, that was a good thing (after driving through downtown). I was surprised to even find a decent room and was not upset at all having to pay $299.

Check-in was fast, easy, courteous and efficient (not to mention...delicious!! Double Tree Famous cookies!). Getting to the room was a bit of a challenge. We were told to park on level three. Our room was on level three, so perfect. When we came in from the garage we did not pay close attention to the room number directions. Had we, we would have gone outside to the other side of the hotel and would have saved a lot of walking down endless hallways. Our fault, but just letting you know.

The room had the indoor hallway on one side and the outdoor breezeway (with a door to it) on the other. We were pretty close to the pool, but it was not a busy pool night so it was fine. The pool area was very clean. The tables, chairs, and umbrellas looked brand new. The landscaping is beautiful; how their palm trees look so healthy after this past winter is a mystery. There are other courtyard areas with outdoor furniture and beautiful landscaping as well. I'm sure those trees look amazing in the summer. The lamp lights were a nice touch.

Now for the room. It's not a brand new hotel and the "bones" are dated. However, the linens were fantastic! Four comfy pillows on each double bed, down (or down-like) comforters, crisp clean sheets and a very nice mattress. The blackout curtains were perfect. You could not tell it was light out without opening them. The room was spotless. They have nice, new, large for a hotel flat screen TV's. A little touch I appreciated was a laminated card with all of the channels on the nightstand with an easy to use remote. One glance and you could easily find your favorite network. (Why don't all hotels do this???) There was also a high tech clock/radio/docking station? on the nightstand. It was a bit much for me, but my son knew exactly how to plug in his iPod without a second glance. There is a coffee pot but no fridge in the basic room. No biggie.

When my bill was slipped under the door, I was not charged for parking. I felt like that was a bonus right there.

Don't hesitate to stay here, it's a very nice place to lay your head.

Room Tip: Level three is just off the garage. The hotel is like a big rectangle with the courtyard/pool area i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the detailed review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was thrilled to read that room was comfortable and the interactions with our staff were positive. Thank you again and I will be sure to pass along the great comments to our wonderful employees. The next time you are in Austin, we would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

All the Best,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

nice place, nice people. HATE paying for parking! Don't like business hotels...very little drawer space/closet space. Would have liked a refrigerator and a few more amenities for the price ie cotton balls, swabs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear, Rise E
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel, we sincerely appreciate the four star rating. We will use your feedback to help us to continue to improve our hotel in the future..

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a great hotel and I love staying there. Rooms are beautiful, clean and well appointed. Bathrooms are great and shower is hot and refreshing! Food is excellent! Staff is courteous and helpful. Check in isn't always timely but it is worth the wait.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that everything and everyone was positive throughout your stay. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were told we were getting the last "premium" room you had available. When we got in the room, it was obvious that the room was a handicap accessable room. I was very uncomfortable staying in a handicap room due to the fact that if someone that needed the room, it wouldnt be available. I would never park in a handicap parking spot for the same reason. We were not told there was a charge for self parking until checkout. Also the surrounding guests were very loud until after 2am so our night was not restful. I will say the hot cookies upon arrival was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay in Austin. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your room. I can assure you that your stay did not impact any of our guests, as we have several accessible rooms available. Once again, thank you for bringing your issues to our attention.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stay at the Double Tree every year for the School Social Workers Conference, and my experience is always wonderful. The hotel staff members are very courteous and professional, and the hotel is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that our staff was courteous and professional. Thank you again for the great response and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to the staff.

Best Regards,