“Five Star”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hutto, United States
“Five Star”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The staff treated us very nicely and greeted us with warm cookies. I didn't really like the room smell, thought it could use a deodorizer. The beds were comfortable. The rooms are nice size. I'm undecided if we will revisit this particular sight, we had a slight issue but is was quickly resolved.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay in Austin. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you had a slight issue, but I am glad to read that we were quick to respond. Thank you once again for your review. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to talk about your stay further, I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience.

Sincerely.
512-374-4809
John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The location of the property to both the University of Texas and the Wedding we were attending was perfect. We were only 10 minutes from the University which allowed plenty of sightseeing opportunities. Our primary reason for coming to Austin was to attend a family Wedding. Upon check-in we realized that our room had no water pressure. We contacted the desk and the problem was quickly resolved. My only complaint was the hotel removed their Christmas Decorations 3 days after Christmas. It sort of ruined the Holiday Atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Richard W,
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel while attending a family wedding. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy Austin’s one of a kind atmosphere. I do apologize that you experienced an issue with the water pressure in your room, but glad that we were able to fix it quickly and effectively. We hope to choose us the next time you visit Austin.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

While we love this hotel and have stayed there frequently over the years, I was really disappointed this time due to the indifference of the staff. You know as with anything the service and attitude of the staff can make or break any situation. Although we got our favorite spot ( the second floor) we got into our room around 5 pm only to hear the noise of a jack hammer, when we call the front desk to inquire and it was confirmed that it was a jack hammer noise, they gentleman on the other end of the phone simply gave absolutely NO apology. So much for a brief nap before going to dinner. NOT VERY RELAXING NOISE! I would think that sort of thing should be knocked off by 4:30 to 5 oclock.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Carolyn M,
Thank you for writing about your most recent stay in Austin. First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize about your encounter with the front desk, I will be sure to follow up. I was glad to read that you did get the room location you desired, but apologize about the construction noise. Although the renovation is not completely finished, most of the louder "demo" work is behind us and we are looking forward to being 100% complete by the end of January. Thank you again for your feedback.

Manor, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Attended my husbands company party at the Double Tree - the food was outstanding - prime rib was the best I had ever had and the salmon my oh my just the best ever. We stayed the night - the room was one of the nicest we had ever stayed in - roomy and very clean - the breakfast the next morning was just awesome....I have never had a biscuit as good as the biscuits at the Double Tree. I highly recommend the Double Tree Hotel in Austin to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Linda S,
Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that everything was to your satisfaction and will pass on these kind remarks to the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cypress, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very nice and convenient place, but they were either understaffed due to the icy weather conditions or staff responded slow. Rooms were nice and bed were the new serta sleepers that was good. Food was good but slow wait staff and slow kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Service Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your room and our Doubletree Sweet Dream beds. I apologize for the speed of service issues you encountered in our restaurant and I will be using your feedback to follow up on this miss-step. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Austin.

Sincerely.
Austin, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My stay was very enjoyable. My room was upgraded without me asking. The service for dinner in the bar area in the late evening when I arrived was very good. I will return when in Austin. Thank you, David

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David, Thank you for writing about the service you received at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our staff puts forth every effort to make sure each stay is enjoyable. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Temple, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Need more insulation between rooms. I didn't sleep because the neighbor ran the tv all night long. Splurge for a little better pillow that hold some sort of form. My head fell flat all night long. Probably noticed it more because I was awake from the tv all night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joanne, Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit. Please accept my apologies, that your stay and room did not meet your expectations. Our sweet dream pillows typically receive great comments and I will look into your reservation to find out what could have happened. Thank you again and hopefully the next time you visit Austin you will give us another chance.