“ETOn the go”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, United States
“ETOn the go”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was clean and confortable. Food OK not great. Difficult to find my way around. Floor plan was strainge. Staff was very helpful. I was on a discounted rate, so value was good. Parking garage was clean, but the low cieling made driving uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am pleased to read that your room was comfortable and clean. Our housekeeping team works very hard to make sure every detail is accounted for. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Best regards,
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Spent six nights at this property while on vacation with my wife. The rooms are well appointed, clean, and the beds provide a great nights sleep. The breakfast buffet offers lots of great healthy choices coupled with a good wait staff. We had a problem getting missed by housekeeping two days in a row, however, when brought to the attention of the front desk staff they immediately rectified the issue. We will certainly consider this hotel again when in Austin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great feedback, I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel and I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry to read that housekeeping did not get to your room, but I am glad we rectified the situation once it was brought to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,
Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for a work conference. The hotel is nice. Self parking in the garage is free. There is free wi-fi available and faster wi-fi available for a fee. I used the free service but had to log in repeatedly. I ordered a margherita pizza from the bar; it was pretty good. The toiletries were very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The conference was also at the hotel. Bring a jacket or sweater if attending an event at this hotel - they keep it cold! There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am glad to read that you found our hotel to be convenient and the service was to your liking. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Alaska
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stay at a lot of Doubletree hotels and this stay was very disappointing. The pro of the hotel is that the staff were very friendly and efficient. Everything else was a negative for me. My room was on the third floor and was accessed from the open center courtyard. The only window in the room was a small narrow window next to the door. Obviously this made the room very dark. I also came back after a day at my conference to find ants all over the bed. Needless to say I was not impressed. The air conditioning was also very loud which made sleeping difficult. The room was also very outdated.

Another negative was the distance from downtown. I guess Austin is famous for it's congestion and we certainly doscovered that trying to get from the hotel into downtown during rush hour. It took us over an hour in bumper to bumper traffic to get from the hotel to City Hall at rush hour.

I would not recommend and would not stay here again.

1 Thank AKPROG
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience. I appreciate the kind words about our staff and the service at the hotel, we are very proud of them. We are also very proud of providing a consistently clean guestroom experience and I apologize that in your case, we appear to have fallen short. Although I am happy to hear that we reacted well, our focus is obviously to get it right the first time.
Again, I appreciate the feedback and you have my assurance that I will be following up appropriately. I have left my information below, feel free to contact me anytime. I would be happy to talk about your stay in further detail.
John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Doubletree Austin is a very nice hotel for a conference. The meeting rooms were comfortable and our social event was super. The sleeping rooms are comfortable with a reading chair, desk and internet access. The beds are very comfortable. It is a cab ride to any of the 'happening' places in Austin.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our staff puts forth tremendous effort to ensure our guests have great experiences. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing the next time you are in Austin.

Abilene, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for a conference being held at the hotel, but I will definitely stay there again for business or pleasure! I didn't get to use the pool, but the view of the courtyard and patio were spectacular.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time and write about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our inner courtyard and pool area is very popular with our guests, I am glad you enjoyed them. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you are in Austin.

austin, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

this is an excellent conference hotel.my hotel room was very comfortable, the staff throughout were very friendly,everybody looked so happy. i was able to check in early without any problem. easily driving directions were given by the front desk without any hesitation

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for the great comments in regards to your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We work hard to make sure that every guest has a great experience. I will be passing your kind words along to our hard working employees. Thank you once again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Austin.