“Superb treatment”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denton, United States
“Superb treatment”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I received kind and considerate treatment from this hotel for the weekend. My goodness that would entail more words than I can express for this review. I was originally assigned a room which upon opening the door, was untidy and not ready for a new guest. I was quickly swooped up by two employees and immediately was assigned a clean empty room across the hall. The newer room seemed smaller and darker, but I faired well. As a token of their error I received two breakfast on the house tokens. Hope this gives you enough words to satify you wordy greed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff here at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We thrive on providing the best service we possibly can and our team members truly enjoy interacting with our guests at every chance possible. I do apologize regarding the initial error that occurred in your stay and I am glad we were able to resolve it quickly.

Once again we appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again the next time your conference is in town.

Best Regards,
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Houston, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The lavoratory faucets had low water flow resulting in the tempurature of the water being hard to adjust. In previous stays the Hotel had provided the local newpaper in front of the door in the hallway each morning. I would appreciate that service in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay here at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel. Cleanliness is an important topic for us and I am pleased to read that it was up to your standards. In regards to the newspaper being delivered to your door every morning, to support our green initiatives, we now provides the newspaper online or in our Café while you can enjoy one of our freshly made omelets’. Once again I appreciate your review and I look forward to your next stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin.

Best Wishes,
texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I stay here at least once per year for a conference. It is always a good value, courteous service and decent room with a comfortable bed. If your room faces the courtyard there could be a little noise but it never last too long or is ever too annoying.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments about the value and service you received here at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Our Doubletree sweet dream beds are some of the best in town and we receive many positive comments regarding them. I will inform our banquet team that their hard work is being noticed and appreciated. Thank you once again and we look forward to your return visit the next time you are in Austin.

Best Regards,
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Excellent accomadations! Everything at your finger tips. Rooms are very clean and beds are just wonderful...able to relax just like at home! At a late lunch in the resturant/bar downstairs ...it was awesome!! Well beyond anything I would have expected!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to make such kind remarks about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcome after a long day of travel. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your late lunch in our Café. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of your company on your next trip to Austin.

Best regards,
Katy, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is an older hotel that does not quite live up to the standards of newer, more modern amenities (e.g., no refrigerator or microwave oven in the room). That notwithstanding, one can expect a good night's rest that is bolstered by excellent maid service. Leave them a tip when you leave.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to thank you for your stay; we appreciate the great comments about our housekeeping service. I have already passed the good news on to our room attendants; they enjoy hearing positive feedback about their work. While we do not have fridges and microwaves in every room, they are available upon request. Once again, thank you for your great feedback about the Housekeeping team and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Austin.

Best regards,
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was in town on business and reservations were made here. It is a lovely hotel, the inner courtyard is just beautiful with a pool, jacuzzi, chairs tables, gardens. The rooms were fine as well. It was just little things that fell short and in some cases they remarked they were working on it. The instructions to log in to the internet missed an important piece, what network to select, so I had to make a call after a few minutes playing around. The staff were polite, but not that extra service mile you want. One night I wanted a glass of wine for the room for the night, so I went asked asked the bartender what white wines they had and she simply pointed to a chalkboard behind me (there was only one person at the bar). I also asked for a big glass of the white and she took the standard amount and poured it into a bigger glass. At that point I did not feel like explaining. The next night, I was at the bar and it was more lively that night one. The bartender did not speak, did not engage with the patrons, I asked again for the white wine list and before the finger went up to point, I asked if they had a wine list. The girl had no personality, said nothing, hard to get her attention. The good part of the trip was the young manager. I was a little lost and he nicely guided me. Since he was so nice, I did let him know about the bar tending issues and he was really receptive. I appreciated that. I was also happy they had a shuttle to the airport. There is really nothing in the area, a seafood restaurant and a Mexican place which was OK. Papacitas or something. I'll warn everyone, the portions are wayyyyy tooooo big. Margaritas come in a mug or fishbowl. It was little awkward being a business traveler by myself there, but the waiter was great.

Room Tip: There is no view so really it does not matter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the ambiance of the hotel. That being said, I do apologize about the inconveniences that occurred. I will follow up with the correct departments and make sure that something like this does not happen again. I appreciate your decision to make the comments that you did and I hope that you come back and give us another try.

Best regards
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night. The hotel stated they were full when we tried to switch to a king sized bed from two queens and couldn't give us a king. Oh well, we had booked the queens. But, the parking lot was not full so I am not sure the hotel was really full. The hotel in general has a rundown, slightly dirty feel. Not terrible, but more like a hotel that wants to be nice but just can't quite get there.

We had an ugly 2nd floor view of the Papadeaux parking lot. But, we were able to self park on the 2nd floor of the parking garage so we could just walk straight out to our car which was nice.

We did get two cookies at check in which ended up being a quick breakfast snack the next morning. The water pressure in the sink and shower was very weak and the tub diverter did not work well so the shower pressure was even lower. Nice pod style coffee maker in room but no refrigerator.

Bed was fairly comfortable but actually very bouncy. We go back to Austin in a month and will be going to a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we were unable to change your room type from the double/double you reserved to a king when you were checking in. While there were rooms available at the hotel, we were completely sold out of king size rooms. I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our famous Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies even if it was early the next morning. Even though we do not have a refrigerator in every room, if requested we are more than happy to deliver one. Thank you again for providing feedback, it helps us better understand the needs and wants of our guests.

Guest Service Manager