“Wonderful --- 2nd room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Andrews, TX, United States
“Wonderful --- 2nd room”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wellll, upon check in, the initial room that was given ignored my one request/plea to be put as near an elevator as possible due to my bad knee (surgery/knee replacement soon). In fact, it was a country mile from the elevator --- I drug myself there and back and down to the lobby and front desk, where I was able to remind them to peruse my reservation request --- I was then told that it would take 2 more hours before they could re-accomodate me with a new room, but I was able to convince them that this would not be a good idea and my new room was perfect and no more problems! Every thing else was marvelous!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John M, Guest Services Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel. It troubles me that we did not see your special requests upon your initial arrival, but I was pleased to read that we could make it up to you. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Austin.

Best Wishes,
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is beginning to look a little shabby. It is obvious that the small details that make an outstanding hotel are being ignored at the Doubletree Austin. The lack of adequate air-conditioning in the halls and in the meeting rooms was outrageous. A hotel cannot be top-rated when the guests are subjected to such discomfort.

Thank Carolyn R. S
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your stay. I am sorry to hear that it was not everything you thought it should be. We did have a minor AC outage in our corridors during your stay that has since been rectified. I have provided my information below, feel free to call or email me if you have more questions and comments about your stay. I can promise that the next time you come to Austin if you decide to stay with us, you will not be disappointed.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809
Austin, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was an excellent hotel. The cost, quality, and business facilities were excellent. I liked the buffet breakfast, quality of the rooms, and excellent service for me as an individual guest and also a conference attendee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel on your recent visit to Austin. I was very pleased to read that you had an excellent time during your conference. We hope you choose us again the next time your conference is in Austin.

AUSTIN, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Had to request a receipt that showed a zero balance and the staff were very accommodating. Complimentary coffee and fruit water was very nice. Close to restraunants ............................................................

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel. We are very proud of our employees and the great service they offer our guests. I myself also enjoy the fruit water, personally I think the orange is the best but the lemon and lime is a close second. Once again thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding the hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best wishes,
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, wonderful for meetings, conference meals are good, plenty of space. Large hotels mean a long walk to your room, but that's normal.

But no coffee shop/Starbucks, etc. For breakfast, you go to restaurant or order room service. Giftshop selection poor. A hotel this size can do better!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great feedback about the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am pleased to read that your overall stay was satisfactory. I am sorry to read that you were not able to find what you were looking for in the Gift Shop. They normally have a wide variety of items from sodas and snacks to Austin memorabilia. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Austin.

Best Regards,
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We normally stay @ the Double Tree close to UT , but decided to try the one off of 35 . When we arrived the top sheet on the bed was stained in several places and the carpet is dirty . My Internet would never connect . Just an over all disappointment . I thought they renovated this hotel but obviously Not !!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and enlighten us on your stay. I do apologize that it was not up to your standards. I will agree that the sheets should not have been put on your bed if there was a stain on them. I can assure you that I will be personally following up with our Housekeeping department to make sure this does not happen again. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I have put my information below, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail. That is not our expected service and I can assure that it will not happen again.

John.Magnuson@interstatehotels.com
512-374-4809
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I recently had our Wedding at the Double Tree Hotel. The service from each employee at this hotel was above the 5 star rating! The food was great, and Our Catering Sale Manager Colleen Carswell was AMAZING! She is one of the sweetest people around. Our Wedding turned out PERFECT and she is to thank for it. :) Thank you Double Tree!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all I would like to say Congratulations! It’s an honor that you would share such an amazing day with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin hotel. Colleen is a great wedding coordinator and we are glad to have her on our team. I will make sure to pass on the great comments to her and we thank you for taking the time to fill out a review.

Best Wishes,