“dont stay here if you want peace and quiet”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #54 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
stafford, United States
“dont stay here if you want peace and quiet”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we had to endure noise from party that lasted from 2am til 4 am. was told by the staff they would look in to it but not done. It ruined our stay at what was a lovely hotel. Convenient to Downtown and attractions

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thanks for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I do appreciate the positive comments and ratings regarding the hotel but I was disappointed to read that your experience was negatively impacted by noise, please accept my most sincere apologies. Providing all of our guests with a good night’s sleep is a duty we take very seriously and you have my assurance that I will be following up on why we failed in this instance.

I certainly hope you give us another chance to prove to you we are capable of much better on a future stay and I would encourage you to reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Direct: 512-374-4850

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice location , very helpful staff (they try) however an older hotel in need of updating and new carpet, doors etc. the wifi floats in an out (in room) as if in the islands. The breakfast is good with plenty of choices, the bar menu (food) is some what limited. The shuttle van is also in need of repair. Overall I'd return if I had to, the price was a bit high for the value.

• Stayed July 2013
Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff and our restaurant but I was disappointed that the other aspects of your stay were not as positive. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not perfect. I have provided my contact information below and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail.

Venice, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My out-of-state family stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Austin. Location was great. Restaurant was great. Rooms are set up nicely. Free WIFI was convenient. However, check in was late, room was not cleaned, bathroom had peeling ceiling. Management needs to take care of the customer beyond a warm cookie at the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words regarding our location, restaurant, rooms and complimentary internet. I fully concede that the room readiness and room cleanliness issue you encountered are unacceptable and you have my most sincere apologies.

I have provided my contact information and I would encourage you to reach out to me directly so that we can discuss your experience in more detail.

Levelland, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A tired hotel, room needs Updating, wifi very poor, I expect more from a doubletree. It's an ok place but not quite the quality expected! Bathroom needs a good cleaning, AC in room didn't work well, I was not comfortable

Stayed July 2013
Thanks for writing regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations in so many areas, please accept my most sincere apologies. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and I have provided my contact information below.

Dallas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Conveniently Located next to Interstate highway 35 with many restaurants nearby. Pappadeaux is just across the hotel. Hotel staff very courteous. Free wifi. No breakfast buffet though. Parking is $8 per nite. New carpets but bathroom needed upgrading. Overall, pleasant stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and the kind words regarding our great team members. Our location in close proximity to many restaurants is a very popular feature with our guests. I did want to clarify that we do have a full service restaurant and serve a breakfast buffet on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Doubletree is housed in an older ('80's) hotel in dire need of improvement and modernization. It has the feel of a Spanish hacienda that might be "played up" with appropriate interior decorating and with interior gardens that are sorely needing attention. Be aware! There are NO "hardline" Internet connections in the rooms (something that we required and were told days before our arrival existed!). Although we did not dine in the onsite cafe we overheard several guests complaining of the quality of food and service! On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this hotel a 3!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that the architectural style of the hotel was not to your liking. With regards to guestroom internet, we have wireless internet available in all of our guestrooms but you are correct that we do not have hard-wired internet ports in our rooms. While this is published on our website, please accept my most sincere apologies if any member of our staff indicated otherwise when you called.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

SPRINGHILL, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was great it made my experience in Texas extraordinary. If I was to visit Austin,Texas again I would definitly stay at double tree. My family and I enjoyed the fabulous cookies that were warm they made the stay much more enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful feedback of your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our world famous Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Austin.