“Hotel Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alameda, United States
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

On vacation, personal. Stayed at the Doubletree Hilton North right off I35. Very nice place to stay, would stay there again. Buffet breakfast was so so, hit and miss each day. Cell phone connection in the room was not very good at all

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks for the great review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. I am delighted that you were pleased overall. I do apologies that breakfast was not entirely to your liking and will be looking further into that.

We hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 29, 2013

When I called the reservation desk to book our trip the agent said yes, we could have a king room but the rollaway for our daughter would be $109 extra per night! I thought that was outrageous so I called the hotel direct. The agent at the hotel apologized and said that was their old policy and of course, we could have a rollaway at no extra charge. But other than that, our stay was very comfortable. It is not far from downtown or the university.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the miss-information you received when making your reservation but I was pleased to see that our staff rectified the situation.

I appreciate the positive comments and overall rating and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Double Tree for a conference at the university. For the university it is well placed but that leaves it a little distant to the main city. The staff st the hotel really try hard to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are clean and spacious for the European traveller.

The only negative issue I could find was the high beer prices.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for the review of your recent stay the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel and the positive comments regarding our wonderful employees and guestrooms. You have my apologies that you found the beer prices to be in the high side. On your next visit, I would recommend joining us in the Lounge between 4pm and 7pm when we have discounts on our drink and appetizer prices.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lewisville, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Overall, this is a GREAT hotel and I have stayed here when in Austin for the past 13 years. This last time my vehicle was vandalized and cost me $188. When I asked about compensation for this cost, I was informed that since I had not valet parked, it was not covered (even though I had to pay $8/night for parking). This was not something that was shared at check-in and if I had known, I may have chosen valet. There was also no offer by the hotel to pay for one or both nights due to the vandalism.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the overall positive rating on the hotel, we appreciate your loyalty for the past 13 years. I enjoyed the opportunity to speak with you over the phone this week to talk more about your concern and come up with a resolution that met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Houston, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times as it is right around the corner from my Corporate office. The staff is always nice and friendly and the rooms are always immaculate and very nice. I will tontinue to stay here every time I come to Austin! Kudos to the staff!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank for the great review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to recognize our wonderful employees.

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I hated their tv selections. They did not have usual cable channels, but their own selection of prerecorded tv. I like to feel at home when I am in the room, and this took much of the pleasure out of watching tv for relaxation as I would at home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay. The hotel currently provides 39 free-to-guest all high-definition TV Channels including the major networks and most popular cable channels. As I mentioned when we spoke, none of channels are pre-recorded and when we next review our channel line-up we will consider the suggestions you made including TV-Land and ID.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you back at the hotel in the future.

Best regards,

Florida, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

if you need to use the internet, do not stay at this hotel. Also, being it's located about 5 miles from downtown, you miss out on everything downtown has to offer. The traffic is terrible, so I would recommend staying directly downtown and walking to everything

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the challenge with internet. Unlike many hotels who only offer a paid internet option, we have a complimentary internet option available for all our guests at standard browsing speeds. For guests who require a significant amount of bandwidth, we do have a premium internet option available for a price of $9.95 per day.

We continually evaluate the products and services we offer our guests and will consider your feedback as we look at the bandwidth allocated to our complimentary internet option in the future.