“Remarkably good service!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Remarkably good service!”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were in Austin to visit family and our son put us up at the Doubletree because it's location offered easy access to the Major Austin highways. We were very impressed upon our arrival by the valet who approached us right away with a bright disposition and jumped right in to help us with our luggage. I believe the bellman's name was Darrell. The front desk staff was notably friendly and offered us helpful information on the hotel and the city. We enjoyed the beautiful Mediterranean architecture; a nice change from a lot of the newer hotels. Food was good, and after mentioning to the room service person that I liked yogurt, she brought me up a couple of yogurts for my stay, even without me ordering them. We will definatly stay at the Doubletree when we come back to see our son.

Room Tip: We requested two beds and asked for a refrigerator and were given both.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay, we really appreciate the positive feedback about the hotel and the staff. Darrell is one of our superstars at the bell stand, I have already shared your comments with him. I was also really pleased to hear about your room service experience, that is the kind of service we strive to provide all of our guests.

Hope to see you back in the near future.

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Weslaco, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Any way you slice it up, this Doubletree was an excellent hotel for me and my family. It has an excellent location because you are in close proximity to just about everything. Our rooms looked just like new. It was a very clean and we were really impressed. All the staff members we encountered were pleasant and treated us great. The waitress that waited on us at the restraunt showed great enthusiasm for her job. The staff at the front desk was also very helpful and accomadating. My family and I had a great time there and my children were very upset when we had to check out to say the least. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: The rooms on the fifth floor looked like new.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thanks for the great feedback, I am delighted your family enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We are very proud of our hotel and great staff, we put a lot of emphasis on friendly and enthusiastic service and I am glad that you got to experience our Doubletree hospitality firsthand.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of the price and to get hilton points, but it is rather old and definitely in need of updating.

Pool is small and if you are not familiar with the way I-35 and 290 crosses, it can be tricky on getting to the property.

It was just okay.....decent enough to stay a night or two. 2 bed room option....beds were SMALL, not queens.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Tanks for taking the time to write, I appreciate the feedback. The hotel is designed in an old-world Spanish Colonial style which is rather unique for this area. We are continually making improvements to our hotel and always listen to the voice of our customer when planning future renovations.

I will definitely keep you comment about full size beds versus queen size beds in mind when looking at future modifications to our two bed room option.
We hope to see you back in the very near future.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our company holds most of our off-site meetings at the Doubletree on I-35 in Austin. Great, courteous, helpful staff! Facility and meeting rooms outstanding as well. Well-laid out, very pleasant. Breakfasts, lunches excellent, too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback, we take a lot of pride in our ability to deliver an exceptional meetings experience and credit this to our great banquet and kitchen staff. Most of them have been with us for many years and they are all true professionals.

Looking forward to welcoming you back shortly

Best Regards

cogicstar
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel was average with Hilton amenities. The service, however, was great. The people were nice and knowledgable. If I am in this area again, I will definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience, we sincerely appreciate the feedback and positive comments about our wonderful employees.

We hope to see you back in the very near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have been consistently pleased with this Doubletree! I have used the hotel for a mini family reunion the past few summers and have been very happy with the rooms and the staff! Our gathering is small so, I worked directly with Bill King the Reservations Manager. Bill made the difference in making our event a success. My reservation needs are specific (because members of my family are seniors) and he has always been very accommodating in ensuring that the right combination of rooms are reserved perfectly. I am so grateful for him and the friendly desk staff (Cindy, Melissa) in making our trip to Austin a yearly success.

I was also pleased to see that the exercise facility was completely renovated, nice new look and equipment. Although I was on vacation I still had to take care of some work so I used the business center – it was easy to access and had every thing I needed, I was back to vacation mode in no time.

We’ve officially made The Double Tree Austin our reunion hotel and we'll be back in 2012! I highly recommend this hotel for work or pleasure.

Staff, Location, and Accommodations consistently exceeds expectations each reunion.

Room Tip: Jr.Suites are located on corners and have extra room, great for families. Stayed on upper floor on I...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it. Any hotel is only as good as the people that work in it and I am delighted that your interactions with Bill, Cindy and Melissa were positive. I really enjoy sharing these comments with our employees and recognizing them for their hard work and I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to do that.

I am glad you enjoyed the newly renovated fitness center and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel itself has a spanish charm about it. The service was as good as at a more expensive hotel. I made a comment about flying out very early the next morning to the person that delivered the room service, Mary Ellen. Shortly, she returned to my room with a food box with some fruit, muffins, and tea for my breakfast the next morning. The room was spacious. My only negative was that it was as far as you could get from the parking garage and that paying for parking was required.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room that is close to the parking garage.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay, we really appreciate the positive feedback and I am delighted that your experience was good.

Mary Ellen is one of our many superstars, she takes so much pride in her work and loves to surprise our guests. I have shared your comments with her and the entire team here at the Doubletree by Hilton. We hope to see you back in the near future.