“Decent hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #54 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of the price and to get hilton points, but it is rather old and definitely in need of updating.

Pool is small and if you are not familiar with the way I-35 and 290 crosses, it can be tricky on getting to the property.

It was just okay.....decent enough to stay a night or two. 2 bed room option....beds were SMALL, not queens.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Tanks for taking the time to write, I appreciate the feedback. The hotel is designed in an old-world Spanish Colonial style which is rather unique for this area. We are continually making improvements to our hotel and always listen to the voice of our customer when planning future renovations.

I will definitely keep you comment about full size beds versus queen size beds in mind when looking at future modifications to our two bed room option.
We hope to see you back in the very near future.

James Prendeville

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our company holds most of our off-site meetings at the Doubletree on I-35 in Austin. Great, courteous, helpful staff! Facility and meeting rooms outstanding as well. Well-laid out, very pleasant. Breakfasts, lunches excellent, too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for the feedback, we take a lot of pride in our ability to deliver an exceptional meetings experience and credit this to our great banquet and kitchen staff. Most of them have been with us for many years and they are all true professionals.

Looking forward to welcoming you back shortly

Best Regards

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel was average with Hilton amenities. The service, however, was great. The people were nice and knowledgable. If I am in this area again, I will definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience, we sincerely appreciate the feedback and positive comments about our wonderful employees.

We hope to see you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have been consistently pleased with this Doubletree! I have used the hotel for a mini family reunion the past few summers and have been very happy with the rooms and the staff! Our gathering is small so, I worked directly with Bill King the Reservations Manager. Bill made the difference in making our event a success. My reservation needs are specific (because members of my family are seniors) and he has always been very accommodating in ensuring that the right combination of rooms are reserved perfectly. I am so grateful for him and the friendly desk staff (Cindy, Melissa) in making our trip to Austin a yearly success.

I was also pleased to see that the exercise facility was completely renovated, nice new look and equipment. Although I was on vacation I still had to take care of some work so I used the business center – it was easy to access and had every thing I needed, I was back to vacation mode in no time.

We’ve officially made The Double Tree Austin our reunion hotel and we'll be back in 2012! I highly recommend this hotel for work or pleasure.

Staff, Location, and Accommodations consistently exceeds expectations each reunion.

Room Tip: Jr.Suites are located on corners and have extra room, great for families. Stayed on upper floor on I...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it. Any hotel is only as good as the people that work in it and I am delighted that your interactions with Bill, Cindy and Melissa were positive. I really enjoy sharing these comments with our employees and recognizing them for their hard work and I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to do that.

I am glad you enjoyed the newly renovated fitness center and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel itself has a spanish charm about it. The service was as good as at a more expensive hotel. I made a comment about flying out very early the next morning to the person that delivered the room service, Mary Ellen. Shortly, she returned to my room with a food box with some fruit, muffins, and tea for my breakfast the next morning. The room was spacious. My only negative was that it was as far as you could get from the parking garage and that paying for parking was required.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room that is close to the parking garage.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay, we really appreciate the positive feedback and I am delighted that your experience was good.

Mary Ellen is one of our many superstars, she takes so much pride in her work and loves to surprise our guests. I have shared your comments with her and the entire team here at the Doubletree by Hilton. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

ive been stayn at this hotel for a couple of years and i travel 4 days a week and stay in alot of hotels.the staff at your doubletree are without a doubt,the friendlest and most helpful of any of the hotels i stay at.the rooms are always clean and fresh.just thought youd like to know what a great staff you have and i think your very lucky to have such great people repersenting your company,to bad all hotels dont have your kind of staff.i always recomend your hotel to friends when they go to austin and will continue to do so,again congratulations on your fine staff.ill always be a customer.bill cleere

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thanks for the great feedback regarding the hotel and our wonderful employees. We are indeed very fortunate to have such great people working at the hotel to serve the needs of our guests each day. We enjoy receiving comments such as yours and always pass them on.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

The DoubleTree conference staff was helpful and fun to work with. They timing was speedy and the staff provided good service. The hotel's event coordinator was beyond helpful. She is very good at her job and she provided beneficial information which lead to a successful conference. Overall, the participants enjoyed the foods and their rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent conference experience. Cathy and Vanessa coordinate most of our conferences and we are very proud of the job they do and their dedication to great customer service.

I am glad your participants enjoyed the food and rooms and we hope to see you back in the near future.