“Great hotel and great staff”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Ranked #53 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
ft worth
“Great hotel and great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel for 5 years and are very satisfied with everything-the staff, the cleanliness and the location. We will be coming back this year

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank joyceg_11
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to share the positive feedback, its greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

James Prendeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Gonzales, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

What a wonderful stay my sister and I had at the Doubletree in north Austin. The staff there was very thoughtful and helpful. The rooms were spacious and ours had beautiful new carpet. The linens were soft and the beds were super comfortable. The management went out of the way to accommodate our situation. It is very seldom that you find a group of folks, management and staff, that make you feel so special and as if they are glad you are there. It it is easy to tell that they truly want you to have a super stay. I just really can't say enough about that. I don't get to Austin often, however, when I do, you can be sure I will be making reservations at the Doubletree. And to top it off, the warm chocolate chip cookies were the icing on the cake! Thanks to Josh and your super staff!!

Room Tip: Our super view was south, toward downtown.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience, it’s greatly appreciated. We get a lot of positive comments about our staff and it gives me great pleasure to share this feedback with them.

The Sweetdreams beds and warm chocolate chip cookies are a Doubletree standard and something our guests truly enjoy.

We hope to see you back at the hotel very shortly.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Lovely, older hotel. Very courteous and helpful staff. During my stay, some rooms were being painted, but no strong paint smell. Common areas open and spacious indoor and outdoor. Close to several restaurants (walking distance).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelsTX
Thanks for the great feedback, we love to hear comments about our wonderful staff and always share these.

I am glad that that you got to enjoy some of the great restaurants around the hotel, we receive a lot of positive comments from our guests about this feature.

Tishomingo, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

This particular DoubleTree is one of the older hotels, but that takes nothing away from its charm. We found the architecture (Spanish) refreshing from the standard high -rise-no- personality type hotels. The rooms we had were well appointed. The beds super comfortable and the rooms quiet. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. We asked for a recommendation for dinner one evening and the young woman asked pertinent questions and sent us to a home run of a restaurant. She also gave us perfect directions for missing all of the interstate traffic. The hotel reminds us of a Spanish hacienda and we can't wait to return. Relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room that faces the courtyard
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay, it’s greatly appreciated. We get consistently positive comments from our guests about the Spanish-Colonial architecture at the hotel and I agree that it is refreshing departure from the norm.

Well trained and motivated employees are ultimately what set’s one hotel apart from another and I am delighted that your interactions with ours were positive. We look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

DoubleTree Hotel on IH 35 in Austin, Texas is an incredible place to hold a business meeting/conference. The hotel staff is flexible and accomodating and make you feel so special when you know you are not the only meeting/conference going on that day. To top it all off the food is increbile. Delicious and always served with great presentation. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It is conveniently located and again the customer service is top notch.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Merry_Mary27
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank for writing about your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin. I am always delighted to hear positive comments about our great staff and great food, I will be sure to pass your feedback along. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

We had our daughters Sweet 16 at the Doubletree and we could not have chose a better place. Carleen the catering manager helped to coordinate the party. She was always very helpful and easy to work with. During the event the banquet staff were very professional and made the event special for our daughter. Everything ran smoothly with everyones help. We will recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thanks for the great feedback and kind words about Carleen and the banquet team, I will pass your comments along personally. I am delighted that your program was a success and I thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Austin to host this very special event.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

If this were 1950 and I were on vacation, this probably would be a great hotel. That being said, it is 2011 and I was traveling for business and this hotel was anything BUT great. To begin with, my corporate office reserved three rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. When we checked in, I advised the front desk of the reservation and the woman at the desk said they did not have rooms with microwaves and refrigerators and, when I forced the issue and advised I had three reservations with those appliances, she backtracked and stated they were available on a first-come, first-serve basis and were all out at the moment...but they would let me know if any became available. I informed the front desk we were in town on business and the microwaves and refrigerators definitely would make our stay more pleasant. As of this writing, we have not received the requested appliances.
Furthermore, the hotel does not offer free Internet, free breakfast, free phone calls, or free parking. In this day and age when those items are almost always included in the price of the room, this hotel arrogantly presupposes that guests will stay at their hotel simply because of its elegance (I guess). It was impossible for me to get any work done in my room as I had electronic equipment that required a wi-fi signal in order to operate so I could complete my work and, with no free Internet, I was unable to communicate my equipment. As a matter of fact, I am writing this review at a local Starbucks because of its great Internet connection.
Having stayed at many hotels in the Austin area, I can with full confidence state that there are many better options with better amenities at better prices including the La Quinta in downtown Austin. Yes, the La Quinta may have moldy shower curtains, but at least the Internet is free and so is the breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
jprendeville, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay, the feedback you provided is very valuable and greatly appreciated. I did take the opportunity to research your reservation to determine what happened with regards to the refrigerators and microwaves. The only room type we have at the hotel where refrigerators come as a standard are our ambassador kings. It appears that the reservation was made for a standard king and we did not observe any notes from the travel office requesting a fridge or microwave.

We do have a large inventory of fridges at the hotel but unfortunately, during the dates of your stay, it appears that they were all checked out. I apologize for that, typically, if a fridge or microwave is requested in advance, we make every effort possible to have it placed in your room before check-in. Normally, even if it is not requested in advance, we are able to accommodate the vast majority of requests.

We do charge for phone calls, breakfast and high-speed internet in our guestrooms but we do offer complimentary internet in the lobby, Café and Lounge and we have a complimentary business center for guest use.

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as you would have liked, your satisfaction is very important to me and I assure you that we will consider your feedback as we make pricing decisions in the future regarding the various amenities and services available at the hotel.