“Nice hotel, good rate”

Ranked #133 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice hotel, good rate”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and can't really complain. Room was clean and pretty nice sized. I didn't watch much tv since I was working but standard tv with a good amount of channels. Nice bathroom. I would recommend staying.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at Days Inn Austin University Downtown while on a vacation road trip. The hotel is conveniently located off I-35 South close to the University of Texas, Government offices and the entertainment district. My room was very nice, clean and well appointed. There was information in the room on TV stations, local attractions, food and shopping. Although I didn't use it, there is a nice pool and a restaurant located right next door. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a single king room. It was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the room had a refriger...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Austin
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Booked through hotwire.com and ended up paying too much for the stay. Could be maintained better. Sheets were dirty and phone did not work. Clear price gouging during University graduation time.

Will keep away from both hotwire.com and this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Baytown, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel delivers a good location within walking distance of many activities at the UT campus at a good price-to-value ratio. But beware the outer appearance. It looks as old as it is. Our room was large and comfortable, but not everything worked. The refrigerator did not cool sufficiently, and the hair dryer did not work. The bed was comfortable, but the chairs were not clean. Be forewarned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was in Austin to attend the State One Act Play Competition. This hotel was quite close to Bass Performance Hall, although I wouldn't consider it walking distance given that the competition ends around midnight. I called ahead of time to let them know I couldn't check in before the contest started at 4 so they would hold my room & not give it away. The person on the phone was prompt & polite, & sure enough, when I did show up around 1 a.m. to check-in, my room was ready. Check in took a matter of seconds. My only complaint at that point was that the air conditioner had been off all day & the room was quite stuffy & warm. I left it on while we went to go get something to eat. By the time I came back, the room was cool enough for me. With the radio & the a/c going (I love to sleep with white noise), I didn't notice any noise from the highway. Even in the morning, once I had everything turned off & ready to check out, I could barely hear it & traffic was quite steady by that point. My room was clean & the bed incredibly comfortable. I slept through breakfast, so I can't rate that. I'm glad I didn't have a car, as the parking lot looks confusing, but my friend was able to get her car around it to drop me off & then pick me up in the morning. This might not be a great place for a long stay, but for overnight & for being close to UT, the price is right.

Room Tip: I had room 103, which is in the back of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends