This is a cheap hotel and you do get what you pay for.
Pluses: 1)great location: good bus service (including to airport); walk to UT; convenient to downtown.
2)staff was helpful and friendly
3) quiet surprisingly: I asked for a room away from the street, which I got and there was no highway noise and hardly any other noise.
4)beds are comfortable
Minus: The place is really a dump: torn blanket, threadbare carpet and towels, not sparkling clean.
Breakfast was bad: coffee, tea, juice undrinkable. I think they had a problem with the water in the office where they also served breakfast. (Coffee made in the room was ok). After the first 2 days, they stopped serving yogurt leaving cold cereal, bread and tired muffins.
I would try airbnb next time for a not too expensive place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk to University of Texas at Austin!Walk to the football games!Walk to St. David's Hospital1/2 mile to Frank Erwin Center1 mile to Downtown ($6-8 cab ride)24-HR restaurant next door (Star Seeds Cafe) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Austin University / Downtown Hotel Austin
- Austin Days Inn