“SEDL Mtg.”

Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown
Ranked #114 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very convenient location to get to my meetings. Liked the fact that room has a microwave and fridge and even a safe!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for just under a week and was generally happy with my experience. Rooms were clean and generously appointed (though I gather that this fluctuates from room to room.. mine contained a large flat screen tv, great tv reception and hardwood floors, but no coffee pot or microwave.. friends of mine also staying had coffee pot and microwave but basically the opposite on everything else.. so, I guess consistency would be nice.)

Also, since rooms enter in from the street, an increased security presence would have been appreciated. Did experience a random door knocker at 5am one night which spooked me quite a bit being alone in the room and located at a very isolated corner of the hotel.

Despite snags, I would stay here again and recommend it to other Austin visitors. I experienced good service as well as clean, spacious and inexpensive rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff we're really friendly on arrival even though we were just staying there a night and basically passing through. The rooms were huge which is always nice after you've been travelling for a while. There was lots of parking available, both under cover and open and a nice pool. For me the nicest part was the sleep quality, which was surprisingly good given you're right on the highway. I would suggest that you'd need a car to get around from there though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been living in Austin for the last 2 years and my parents were visiting me for a week. I made a reservation in this hotel for a week. A day before my reservation I called in and informed that we would be checking in only late at night around 12 30 in the night. When I reached 12 mins after 12 30, the night staff claimed that my reservation was cancelled. Being stranded in a place after travelling the entire day was not a pleasant experience.
The hotel itself looked very normal from the outside. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank keerthanakumar
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went there to drop son to UT.read the prior reviews and was hesitant to stay there. Booked due to the proximity to campus.Once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised.Daniel was extremely helpful. the entire staff was attentive to all my requests.room had adequate amenities and was perfect for the purpose that I needed. I highly recommend this hotel for any UT event.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Location is ok- room wasn't bad- the area can be a little scary- fridge and microwave were in the room- easy to get to and get back on the interstate- right next to UT and across from St David's hospital- (you could walk over to St David's).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Selected for a one night stay based on location, price and Tripadvisor reviews. Room was dingy with a stained carpet, the exterior wall next to our door had a large brown smear on it, no idea what it was but not appealing. Internet was exceedingly slow and must have kicked out at least 7 times in the 30 minutes I tried to use it. Breakfast was bagels, toast, pastries, or 2 cereal selections, pretty meager. Wasn't expecting a lot @ $73/night for 2 double beds(AARP) but really felt let down here. Would almost certainly look for an alternative next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple