“comfortable, considering”

Ranked #142 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Sulphur, OK
“comfortable, considering”
Reviewed July 2, 2006

We've stayed at this motel several times. The location is convenient to north Austin sites but is in a bad neighborhood. Our small dog stays with us with no hassle. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms have been clean, as has the pool. If you're looking for a high-end motel, stay someplace else. But if you're looking for a Motel6 - style, this is above average.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank SulphurBulldog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Was optimistic when we noticed brand-new carpeting along with the 1980s-era furnishings, thinking maybe new management and new dedication to customer service.
In a word: No.
Unfolded a towel to dry off after a bath and found a looooong -- at least 12" -- curly black hair. When I called the front desk to request CLEAN towels, was met with abundant attitude and told to just walk down 3 flights of stairs and around the building to the front desk to pick up my own towels.
When I said "You're kidding, right?" the girl snorted and said someone had just walked in who could help me.
Ri--ight.
And I'm sure the phone call that awoke us at 3:41 a.m. was just one of the myriad drunken kids staying there that night looking for a buddy, not the ticked-off front desk.

Stayed April 2006
12 Thank loladal987
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2006

I made reservations through Hotels in February to reserve a room at the Red Roof Inn in Austin, Texas; located at 8210 N I-35, Austin, Texas 78753, and arrive March 18th-19th. On March 18th, the day of check in, check in time was at 1:00pm, but I arrived at 4:00pm. When I arrived at the Red Roof Inn I was informed that there were no room available, and that I would have to come back in an hour to have a room. I asked what time check out was and I was told that it was at 12:00pm. I didn't understand why they didn't have any rooms available when I made reservations and they had 4hrs to get the room cleaned. I was discussing the matter with a family member and thought that they should pro-rate the room because we were having to wait another hour, and we were not from Austin, so it made an inconvience for us. Another employee overheard the conservation and started whispering to other employees about what I discussed between my family member, and now they decided that they wanted to give us a room. That night I had left my room for an evening out, and when I returned I was locked out of my room. I immediately went to the front desk, and informed them that the key did not work. Stephanie, had informed me that my key was deactivated because my reservations were cancelled, and that she had walked through our room and saw our belongings still there. She re-activated our key, and we were on our way. We did have problems with other people trying to enter our room throughout the entire stay. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone, and that the hotel was very irresponsible for double-booking for that weekend.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member