WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #155 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Not good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I haven't even finished my stay here and I'm considering leaving. I stayed here before and don't remember it being so terrible. I love Red Roofs Inns because I travel a lot with my dog.. But this one will make me think twice when booking my next stay. The room has not been updated in probably over a decade. The shower had hair in it. And the noise level at night sucks. The only good thing about this place is its location when you're looking to get downtown.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Beth M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent one night at this location. The people checking in were nice, my reservation was handled correctly, and the room was clean.

They have a couple of disadvantages;
1. Location - it is on a one-way surface street and, if you miss the turn into the motel, you are in trouble. You have to go all the way down I-35, make two U-turns and hope you can see the tiny "Entrance" sign the second time around.

2. Closed restaurant - the front side of the motel has closed restaurant attached to it. You can only imagine, on the north side of Austin, what kind of person gets drawn to the area. Suffice to say I parked my truck directly under the brightest light I could find in the parking lot. Maybe it's me but I just did not feel comfortable leaving the room at night.

Overall, the place is "average".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DavidRTX
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is an important teaching tool. We are aware of narrow entrance and closed restaurant on front of the hotel. We are working on addressing these issues so can accommodate guests with positive experience.Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for a night. The price was really really low and since we were 3, this was our best bet.
I must say, this place is a little scary. When we reached, there were cops in the hotel adjacent to it, very chaotic and scary and the appearance of this hotel is a little shady, too!

The rooms are ok, old decor, stained towels but I don't think they can afford a better decor with the prices they charge and since I was here for a night, did not matter.

If you are looking for an inexpensive pit stop or just a night to crash, this is great, would not recommend otherwise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Raisa L
Dear Raisa,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Austin North Red Roof. We always like to hearing about the experiences our guests have at our hotels. We are already working with Austin city officials to clean up the area. Therefore We do have security guard at night and 24 hour live audio video monitoring system on our property. We are working on renovation of our property as well so our guest can have positive experiences. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Bhavin Patel
Bryan, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great price but scary place and not the cleanest place either. Room keys were not issued. You had to come to the office and get the security guard to escort you to your room and allow you entry each time. Said they had issues with people around that area stealing keys and entering the rooms at will. When I first got to the room, the bed was made but there was paper trash that had not been thrown away and there were two loofa sponges in the bath tub. Would NOT do this one again. Not worth it. Loud people running the balconies all night long with keys!! Kinda scary that they wouldn not issue keys but then you would see people with keys going into rooms. Was not easy to get a good nights sleep for worring if your room would be broken into while you were trying to sleep. There is a Super 8 down the road that could be comparable with the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank plchambless

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

well it was a unplanned stay. looking for a decent room for the night. they were very busy that weekend. room was clean but older decor. no frills. staff was friendly and gave me a decent rate. not my first choice to stay...but was decent for the price.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank rainew
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Well the entrance to this hotel can be easily missed. The office staff was very nice but it did smell of old musty carpet. This is not one of the better end of the Red Roof chain. It is most in need of a major renovation. The king room we got was very large compared to many places I have been. Hope the smoke detector works as it is wrapped in plastic on the wall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Geowens
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Man where do I start the loction is not so good the office smells the carpet is dirty and my room stinks. I had to leave because I got sick to my stomach.I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012