WINNER WONDERLAND

Red Roof Inn Austin North
Ranked #155 of 200 Hotels in Austin
“yikes!!!!!!!!!!! Beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Man where do I start the loction is not so good the office smells the carpet is dirty and my room stinks. I had to leave because I got sick to my stomach.I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tripha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Made a last minute trip to what I hear they call "Atx". Unfortunately for a funeral, so didn't get to see much of Austin.
Stayed 2 nights at this location. Clean pool, took a dip and found it cleaner than most hotel pools. This particular location is older. It just needs some TLC on the outside. My room was clean. Staff was beyond friendly and helpful. In particular Jennifer and Carol. Although I saw many different people and all were nice.
I did have to get a different key, mine wouldn't work at first. Hardly call that anything worth complaining about though. I have had that happen in $300 a night hotels.
You can't really walk quickly to any eateries. They have a restaurant on site, but it is closed.
For overall, clean, friendly, cheap and I saw a policeman walking around at night for security. I felt comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: I just got the cheapest and was pleased.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chic R
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel is awful! The only bright side was the nice guy who checked us in. The room we were in smelled like urine, we had no towels in our room (not a single one) and overall I wouldn't ever recommend anyone stay here. Ever.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MonicaTheBride
redroof210, Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is an important teaching tool, and I have already addressed the issue you stated with our Housekeeping staff. Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed here before on my regular travels and honestly didn't like the staff. This last time though, there were two new faces that were ACTUALLY professional. I believe the young kid is Dylan and I don't remember the new lady's name. I think she is the new manager. I have continued to stay here even though they weren't very friendly because it is close to my meetings. Recently, I feel like the property is cleaner and I don't see as many "wanderers". I do wish they would get someone operating the restaurant though. It would be beneficial to the customers and the empty building makes it look like the Inn might be closed down too.
It seems like it would be a minor investment to freshen up the property. Some plants and fresh paint make all the difference in the world.
The rooms are clean and comfortable for the price. There are cameras and security at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank R E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

On my business stay at Red Roof Inn Austin North, I have been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I have been while staying for such an extended amount of time. The credit for that goes to the staff. The rooms are clean and stay cleaned by a great housekeeping crew. From the manager Dale to the day clerks Jameylah and Jennifer, the entire staff is always courteous and greets you with a smile. I would recommend the Red Roof Inn Austin North to anyone planning a trip to Austin.

A.P.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank A_L_Pearson
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have stayed in Austin several times and this time we looked for cheap because we were there not for pleasure but for a family emergency. We just needed less than a week and wanted a clean place to stay no frills needed. This fit the bill. The beds were not great but they were clean. The linens were not high thread count and mine were quite worn but clean. No frig. There was basic coffee and hot water for tea plus microwave at the desk 24 hrs. Our room overlooked the busy highway but the noise was not too bad. There are rooms over parking area but we kept our room as it was fine for us. Of course there is a t.v. with cable. The bathroom had a tub and it was clean. For what we needed, this hotel served us well at a great price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank painnurse
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was by far the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. I travel a lot but have never experienced something this gross in a hotel. It's in a very unsafe area just behind the hotel. There were COCKROACHES crawling around in the bathroom. The toilet was used and not cleaned. There are no amenities like an iron or hair dryer. The non-smoking room smelled so much like smoke after just three minutes that all of my clothes smelled of smoke. The carpet was coming off the floor, the furnace was damaged and coming off the wall, and the service at the front desk was terrible. I cannot stress enough to not stay at this hotel. I had to leave after about 5 minutes because I could not imagine sleeping there, in what I can only imagine was unclean sheets with probable bed bugs. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. And definitely don't stay on the first floor for safety concerns.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank K T
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. In regards to the incident you mentioned about our hotel, I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. I have diligently followed a detailed procedure designed to maximize the prevention of this and of all similar incidents. Once I was notified of your concerns, I immediately reacted by placing the room out of service so it could be inspected and preventative measures have been taken. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope you will give our hotel another chance should you happen to be in the area. If you ever have further questions, you can contact me directly at the hotel.