We stayed at this hotel based upon the reviews. Never again. I don't trust the "four to five star reviews" more than I can throw a can of Raid across the room to kill one of the many bugs that were in our room. Where do I start:
1) The pictures on the web site is an example of photoshop work at it's finest. The hotel is not colorful or vibrant. The paint is dingy, the sign is dimming and the (I use this word generously) lobby is a mosh posh of weird furniture, broken "business center" computers and a (dare I say) "breakfast area" that looks like something out of a low budget horror movie.
2) The interior decor is dated, faded and dreary. Walking to our first floor room not only required dragging our bags up stairs (yes random odd pockets of stairs on the first floor hallway) but it also allowed us to hear everything that was happening inside of all the rooms we passed.
3) Inside our room - the sound was worst. I am not sure if my next door neighbor was putting people in body bags, banging holes in the wall from some weird drug side effect or was sniffing the paint - but for HOURS we dealt with loud, disturbing and annoying noise well past midnight.
4) The room is small and the windows don't open. That's not very helpful when trying to air out a stuffy place. The lights were dim, there were bugs and the wall paint, lamp shades and bathroom were dingy and gross.
5) Wi-fi is slow and mostly unresponsive.There aren't any special features or business services - so if you need to be functional (a.k.a. HUMAN) while you are traveling - this is not the place to come.
Honestly, if it wasn't for overselling on these review sites and what I see are now false reviews - I would have NEVER booked here. I was looking for an economical alternative to the $300 a night hotel rooms downtown (rates are high due to Formula 1 weekend). I regret it now. I will not EVER choose a Days Inn - in any town ever again. Absolutely disappointed and if there was a way to get my money back - I would. Worst experience - ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the intersection of IH 35 and Hwy 183, accessible from both highways and just minutes away from many popular Austin attractions, this friendly, affordable hotel makes your Austin stay easy. We offer complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, continental breakfast and an outdoor pool. Interior hallways and 24-hour front desk give you security and service at anytime, night or day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn Austin Crossroads reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Austin Crossroads Hotel Austin
- Austin Days Inn