“Great customer service,best accommodations I have ever...”

Days Inn Austin Crossroads
Ranked #170 of 202 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The pool is small but intimate. The flowers are gorgeous. The gentleman that did check in was courteous. The breakfast is great. The movies on HBO and HBO 2 were entertaining. The room was very clean. The price was economical. I would stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for a few days, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is good, not that long to drive to Downtown or other attractions. Only problem was that they ran out of non-smoking rooms. But that only bothered me for a few minutes when I re-entered the room. Would recommend for budget travel and overnight stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I had never been to Austin before so I had no idea what to expect. I booked a non-smoking room for me and my daughter and I was leery due to the low nightly rate. We got to the hotel and I was shocked at how clean and nice it is! Kevin did a great job checking us in and making sure we knew the layout of the property as well as restaurants and businesses in the surrounding area. After we checked in, we discovered that the room was very nicely appointed in addition to being very clean. Our room had a safe, a refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee maker and an ironing board. All in all, a GREAT deal for the money!

• Stayed July 2013
Irving, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Where should I even begin!? Checking in to the hotel was fine, the gentleman at the front(whom I presume to be the owner) was very nice but when we got to our room my mediocre hopes got shot down.
There was something red splattered on the wall by one of the beds and to a normal eye (or the eyes of my 8 and 3 year old) this was blood. There were also random splatters of something dark on other parts of the room.(View photos) I went downstairs to let the owner/manager/guy at the front know that we believed there was blood or something on the wall. He came back to the room with me and like some sort of CSI- took a sample of the smudge, sniffed it and determined it was pizza.Whew, pizza.. but EW pizza, on the walls of the room where I am supposed to be sleeping? He then followed that up with.."Would you like me to have someone take it off?" Uhhh... yeah! .. By this point I was still pretty calm because I work in customer service and understand that sometimes things happen... but it only got worse. We left the hotel to do our vacation thing and when we came back I went to start a shower for my daughters..(this was our first time in the bathroom) and I couldn't get the hot water to come on. It's one of those turn all the way left for H or right for C. I gave it a break and looked at the rest of the bathroom..which only consisted of a toilet.. and the toilet seat was loose. Behind the toilet the walls were coming apart, the tile was gone and I could see into the wall. Ugh. My husband figured out the hot water for me... H and C were on the wrong sides. Finally we get in bed. I look up into the lamp and what do I see splattered all over the inside of the lamp shade? Dark Soda. Just all over it, not like one spot. WOW, do they even have housekeeping here? I had booked and already paid for two nights, or else I would have left long before our first nights sleep. During that first night we heard the people across from us walking up and down the hall..which, in the hall on parts of the carpet it feels like there is nothing underneath it.. like they laid carpet over holes..sketchy.. So the next morning we go down to get breakfast which had the best part of our stay at the hotel. Texas shaped pancakes. Yep, that was the best part. My daughter kept saying "look at the cat" over and over.. but I assumed she was talking about outside.. Nope, some guy that worked the front desk brought his cat to work with him.. and that's just strange if nothing else. At around 11am after canoeing lady bird lake(which was AWESOME and got me in a good mood) we decided to take the girls to the pool. MISTAKE. We get out there.. first of all, there is definitely not enough room for more than family there.. so good thing we were the only ones there! But there are dirty towels laying on the ground..empty beer bottles next to chairs... So we just ignore those things and put our stuff somewhere else. The kids jump in and I get in with them and think.. wow, this pool could use a cleaning. I ask my husband to grab me the big net so I can get some of these leaves and bugs out and he says that we probably just want to get out of the pool..because we look over at the net and what do we see? a dead bird. one of the big black annoying birds. I couldn't believe it! I assume that this hotel does not have the proper staffing to make daily rounds to make sure everything is good to go.. Ugh(again) so we come inside and I tell the lady at the front(who I have already had on encounter with.. to let her know about the coke splatters in the room) and let her know that there was a dead bird and empty beer bottles outside.. Her reasoning for it was because the head of housekeeping was gone so the maintenance man was doing that and hadn't had a chance to go out there. So, since he is doing someone else's job he doesn't have time to do his own? Poor management. This place was just awful. The second night we could totally hear the people next door to us getting it on.. and the breakfast the next morning was the exact same as the day before. My family and I came down here for my birthday weekend and I completely regret trying to save a few bucks to stay here..NO WORTH IT.

The location is pretty central, but I'm from Austin originally and knew it wasn't a great location but there is a 24 hour internet cafe/smoke shop right in front of the hotel, and we saw about 4 prostitutes during our stay.

This was the worst experience ever and I don't think we will ever be staying at any Days Inn again because of this.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and could hear people above and below us.. basically just DON'T STAY...