“One circle is too high for them”

Days Inn Austin Crossroads
Ranked #167 of 203 Hotels in Austin
St. Petersburg, Florida
“One circle is too high for them”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The rooms do not get cleaned and when they do your stuff ends up missing. I had these beautiful Thai silk robes now 2 purple ones and one olive green one is missing. The management is unresponsive. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank John33701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am going to stay here for 2 weeks, this is my 4th night now. The room is great for $40 hotel. I was stay at another Day Inn near U of Texas on my last trip, this one is much better if you want have quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor on room before from 3?? to 327(odd number). They aren't face the highway, i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I wanted to point out the best front desk clerk that you have at this motel. He is kind, intelligent, and just very helpful. He thinks of everything. And you can tell he is genuine. I have talked to several of the other people staying here and they say he is their favorite also. His name is Dennis. He deserves some kind of recognition. We have been here for two weeks so far. I wish your hotel was one that gave a free night for keeping up with one's own room. Everyday but one I cleaned, changed linen, emptied trash, etc. One day I had maids do it and they never changed linens on the bed they only made it and the entire reason I had them do it was for fresh linens. Grounds are nice. Only this motel seems to be too easy on people smoking pot in their rooms, most places the police would have been called. It was on 3rd shift that it was mentioned to the desk clerk and he told the people he could spray the hall but that was all he could do. And they let kids run and make too much noise.Except Dennis was polite to the kids but did not allow it. He had a great way of saying it to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here with my dog. Its $15 a night pet deposit. I tried to call to find the cost before booking but their phone was not working. The breakfast is inadequate. It has bad foul tasting orange and apple juice. The waffle syrup is too runny, I used grape jam on my waffle. No yogurt either. When I took the dog walking, I found out the building is run down. It is so old. The owners are so miserly, its unreal. I would not recommend staying here. You might catch something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank E O

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was a nice surprise how clean the rooms were for $48 a night. Front Desk was helpful and friendly, especially Suzanna. Few restaurants within walking distance, also a huge Walmart. Like to buy some food so happy rooms had microwaves and refrigerators. Bed was firm soft with clean linens, I asked for some extra towels and maid was nice and asked if I needed anything else. Great breakfast with waffles. Overall a nice place to stay when in Austin, you can't beat the price and value. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Our room was ok. There where crickets in the room which was weird but a sign had warned us before hand. The hallways of the hotel where dirty and looked liked they needed to be vaccummed badly. The breakfast was bad for a days inn. They skimped on everything. And it didn't seem very clean. The rooms are old and awkward, the sink is right by the door. It was like a surprise when we opened the door. Boom sink.

The gentleman, a mild aged east indian looking man, that was at the door when we checked in was rude. Has attitude when I told him that we had reservations casually was awful he snapped at me for my last name and debit card. Just not friendly at all. I think he might have been a manager given he was there everyday we were. Good value but need better service and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here with my cousin on our trip across the country and it was great. The staff was very friendly, in particular A.P Singh was extremely helpful. We told him everything we wanted to see in Austin and he gave us great recommendations and made us a map with detailed directions with everything we wanted to hit. He recommended a great rib place and was extremely courteous and friendly. Made our stay in Austin a good one :)

Room Tip: Use coupon for greatly discounted room. We found the coupon book at a Texas visitor center.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family