“Justin Trip”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th
Description: Home to Sushi Chef Tatsu Aikawa from Japan along with Chef George Thomas of Maiko in Austin. Imperia is a combination of upscale dining along with vigorous socializing. Imperia provides the most elegant of surroundings and the highest level of indulgent service, while still demonstrating quintessential southern hospitality and charm. Located in the heart of the Warehouse District, the menu is an eclectic blend of traditional Asian favorites, new and innovated Sushi, and locally inspired creations.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The service and food were excellent! Our waiter Robert was extremely helpful and allowed us to make some really good choices.The sushi and crab rangoon were really good. I will be back the next time I am in Austin. Good food and really nice atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Imperia

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was overpriced and tasteless... Lovely place, but skip it. They just switched menus and the service was spotty...,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am not into the latest trend of drinking and eating in all the new over-priced establishments that have cropped up in downtown Austin over the past few years. Is Imperia one of these? Most definitely, BUT it has survived for a reason: quality and consistency.

I was weary the first time I went in to Imperia on a date for a more formal dining experience. Yes, it was quite expensive (but really good), and that deterred me from returning until a year later when a friend mentioned their happy hour specials. It was only then that I realized you do *not* have to spend a fortune to enjoy the great quality food and drinks that Imperia offers. Also, even if you can't catch happy hour, you can still "hang out" on the more casual bar side and order sushi and apps which are typical (but not outrageous) prices for good food with ambiance.

My latest visit was this past weekend - a second "dinner" after a horrible experience at a nearby establishment. My friend and I were desperate for quality and flavor, so we headed over to Imperia. We sat in the bar area and ordered sushi and apps. The crab rangoon is made with real crab, the spicy tuna roll includes sizable chunks of fresh tuna that melt in your mouth, and the spider roll - though smaller than one would like - measures up to everything else in taste. I've never had a sushi roll at Imperia that I was disappointed with. For drink, I love tequila, so the ginger margarita is what I always go for.

Staff has always been friendly and service quick and attentive regardless of where you are eating in the restaurant. If you have reservations about it, I would say check it out during happy hour.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to Imperia on Friday night during the F1 race Fan Fest, so we saw the restaurant performing under stress. The restaurants in the area were absolutely slammed by the huge crowds. So it was maybe not the fairest time to make the best assessment. Having been turned away from others with, "We'll call you in 2 hours," Imperia offered a respite from the craziness.

We opted for the sushi bar. The ambiance of the place is decidely upscale. The prices matched. Two very average sushi and sashimi assortment plates, and 3 Saporos came to over $110 with tip. The sushi/sashimi combos did not come with wasabi or sliced ginger, unless you asked for them.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Etmosphier & interior of this location is very nice. Service is great & the manager is very friendly. We went here twice & this is what I have to say about this location. I am Asian myself so I do enjoy trying all diffierent kind of oriental dishes. What they serve here is (personally) over priced. If you are out of town & want to try something nice & don't care about $$$, I would recommend this place.
Following dishes are what we ordered.
1. Calamari-Too much batter & all the calamari were stick together. BJ restaurant has far batter calamari.
2. Seaweed salad-It was just sweaweed... nothing special
3. Peking duck for two ($23.95 per person) - Just not worth $47.90 for this peking duck. The meat was way too dry
4. Fatty Salmon (Sake Toro) - It is worth money. Very sweet & buttery.
5. Fatty Tuna (Bluefin O-toro) - It is good but I would still order Fatty Salmon
6. Fried rice (I don't see on their PDF menu but call something 10 treasure)- It is worth your money. Portion isn't good but it has a very nice smokey flavor. So far best fried rice I had in Austin (