“Away from crowds and traffic”
Review of Blue Dahlia Bistro

Blue Dahlia Bistro
Ranked #154 of 3,850 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Austin
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Blue Dahlia Bistro in Westlake is a great place to go to escape the traffic and crowds, particularly on the weekends. There is another location on East 11th as well but since I live close to the Westlake area, this is my 'go to' restaurant.
The food is fresh and prepared beautifully. The atmosphere is very 'bistro' like and has an outdoor patio with lights in the trees as well. I tend to order the same dishes every time I visit. The cheese platter is varied with olives, cornichons, cheeses and meats. An abundance of savory breads accompany the cheese platter. The ravioli is tender and so flavorful. The Dijon mussels are wonderful!!!! Their desserts are great but the macarons sell out quickly and at our last visit were gone before we had the chance to savor!
Blue Dahlia does not serve cocktails. Wine is the adult beverage of choice. I'm not even sure if they have beer since I'm not a beer drinker. The staff is very wine saavy and can assist in helping you order the type of wine you prefer.

All in all this place is great and very convenient in terms of parking and ease of getting a table.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family went here on our recent trip thru Austin. We ate on the outside patio which was perfect for our two year old and our furbaby. The food was great, server was outstanding, and the happy hjour specials were awesome. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Quaint, but the food is not up to the majority of the reviews. We were treated to this restaurant by some friends with whom we were staying. Wine selection is good. Good variety of menu items, most though, with an Italian flare. But it just wasn't anything special. Additionally, the restaurant is very narrow. We sat near the rear of the restaurant. We were not told that at 800pm the live music started -- a solo guitarist/vocalist placed just ten feet from our table. While he was quite good, all conversation stopped as no one could hear. We just wished the hostess who seated us would have warned us. Sitting out on the patio behind the restaurant looked inviting as well. But the music from the bar next door would have precluded any communication quieter than a yell.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a very cute place with a wonderful patio. We sat on the patio for lunch and it was beautiful. The selections are varied and somewhat unusual - there were three of us at lunch and we all enjoyed our selections. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry and the location was great so it was fine. I wouldn't suggest this place if you're in a hurry at lunch.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of my favorite places for lunch, not just in Austin but anywhere in Texas. I have been coming here for lunch since they first opened. My daughter and I love the garden setting and homey feel and the chef's menu items. Every meal has been a delicious success! Love their salads, tartines, soup, and gluten free options!