“Wonderful lunch spot”

Ranked #108 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Austin
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a very cute place with a wonderful patio. We sat on the patio for lunch and it was beautiful. The selections are varied and somewhat unusual - there were three of us at lunch and we all enjoyed our selections. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry and the location was great so it was fine. I wouldn't suggest this place if you're in a hurry at lunch.

There are newer reviews for Blue Dahlia Bistro

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of my favorite places for lunch, not just in Austin but anywhere in Texas. I have been coming here for lunch since they first opened. My daughter and I love the garden setting and homey feel and the chef's menu items. Every meal has been a delicious success! Love their salads, tartines, soup, and gluten free options!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great presentation on the slate plates. Excellent Gluten Free bread. Loved the House-made Mint Lemonade. Had live music (acoustic guitar) the night I went.
Tip
It is an intimate "café" space. I would not recommend this for large groups or loud celebrations since most people are there to chat, eat and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I finished up a fabulous weekend in Austin with an early lunch (around 10:45ish) at the Blue Dahlia, which had been recommended to us by friends.

We were seated promptly at a table by the window, and enjoyed having a nice view of the patio/street and the inside of this charming European-style bistro.

We started with an appetizer of breads and spreads and, being a total carb-lover, I enjoyed the assortment of French baguettes pieces, cinnamon raisin bread, and whole wheat, along with nutella and apricot preserves.

My husband had the roasted turkey with cranberry chutney tartine,which he enjoyed very much. I opted for one of the fritatta specials -- sausage with fresh mozzarella. I was pleasantly surprised when my plate arrived with the main entree AND side orders of more bread (ok by me!) and a nice mesclun salad.

Our server was attentive, and we enjoyed our lunch here very much and will return next time we are in Austin. Our tab was under $25, which we thought for lunch at a trendy bistro in downtown Austin was pretty darn good.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I enjoy this little spot in East Austin; they have daily specials, and the day I visited, their soup du jour was a cool watermelon soup, and it was delicious as is their bread and everything I have eaten here.