“Fran's- Not a pretend place!”
Review of Fran's Hamburgers - CLOSED

Fran's Hamburgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Fran's on Cameron road was just the place for my friend and I to enjoy a simple and delicious breakfast in a casual and friendly atmosphere. A local favorite for years. Good hot coffee; cup was filled without fail. I had cheese omelet, friend had eggs over easy. Perfect. Spacious dining area. Order at counter; your food soon appears at table. Lunch is plain and standard burger and fries available. Great malts! Lots of parking. Easy access north of town.

There are newer reviews for Fran's Hamburgers

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I tried the Frans for the first time on Cameron Road this week. The hamburger was a standard good sized burger patty with a standard bun. This is not a hopdoddy or Hut's type place, more of Whataburger place. It has very little curb appeal, but once inside I really appreciated how clean it felt (and looked). The fries I thought were better than the burger. Fries still had the ends of potatoe skin on them, seemed to be cut there at establishment.

I only rated them a 3 overall instead of a 4 just due to the cost. They seem to price their hamburgers the same as a more upscale establishment. But it was definitely good enough for me to go back and try them again. Next time if their milk shakes are as good as I hope and hear, then I will post another review and I hope to think that they deserve a 4!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A classic view, yes you can park under the overhang but no car service or roller skates. Good old fashioned tasty burgers n fries, Onion rings to die for and great shakes. Dont think its what it isnt, high falutin or trumped up, a little greasy a little dark but good food basic American Staple for what you crave.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

It's simple folks: If you love real, homecooked, beef burgers, this place is for you. If you are one of those health nuts who is looking for soy meat and a protein shake, keep on driving.

The hamburger is cooked on a grill in a small kitchen. The combos are either large or small, so pick one. Double meat is even better. OF COURSE the burger is going to have some grease in it. No meat is 100% fat free. Those people who won't touch a potato chip or are grossed out if you don't use Pam to grill food, they need to move on and go to a Austin hippie joint....Mama Fus, Zen, etc.

I call it how it is. Frans on Congress is great. I work at the Capitol so when we want to escape the lobbyist food, and want something better and hotter than whataburger, Frans is the place.

It's claim to fame, if I am not mistaken, is that this restaurant came out in some movie that Sandra Bullock came out in. I don't reallly care. I love their burgers!

1  Thank TheJedi72
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Fran and Dan used to be a couple years ago.When they split,there became Frans on Congress and Dans further on the south side.Frans has the kind of quality burger you expect with the little roof covering your parking space like the 50s drive-in restaurants had.Service is pretty quick and the food -mainly burgers and fries-well prepared.Recommended and close to the Magnolia on Congress.