“Will definitely fix your need for SWEET!”
Review of Hey Cupcake

Hey Cupcake
Ranked #2 of 55 Bakeries in Austin
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: South Austin
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Awesome job on location design! The adorable airstream trailer and the rock yard with retro picnic tables makes you feel like you're in a 1960's trailer park! We wanted to try several flavors so we got a variety - I will say - BE READY FOR SWEET! The red velvet icing was too sweet for our taste but the cake was moist and tasty. Same for the lemon. The chocolate versions are wonderful - as is the carrot cake!

Parking is difficult due to the high volume traffic of this area - however, the church that shares the lot with this establishment will let you park in their lot for a donation. Well worth it for the experience!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Got the sweet berry. It was delicious not too sweet. Moist and yummy. Will be back again not bad price

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Holy goodness, these cupcakes are sweet. A group of my friends went and we were all sick to our stomachs after eating one, so maybe share next time : ) The Carrot Cake was by far the best but the lemon and strawberry were good. Not the best cupcake I've ever had, but if you need a sugar overload, this is the place to go...

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had never been to Hey Cupcake before but on my birthday I decided what better way to help me bring in another year than a fab cupcake from Hey Cupcake! I had always heard the cupcakes were good. They were sooooooo good. We got a lemon one with the lemon frosting and the vanilla with the white butter cream frosting and sprinkles. They were both delicious and rich! While my waistline won't allow me to visit a lot, I will for sure be back and will make sure to make Hey Cupcake part of many special occasions. :)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stopped in here later in the evening, by which time they were sold out of half the selections. The Carrot Cake was pretty good, and for 3 bucks it may seem pricey but I've seen cupcake places sell their wares for $5 or more. The frosting was great, and I think next time I would opt for the option to get the infusion shot of whipped cream. The little sitting area and tables were nice, I just would have liked to try the plain vanilla cupcake, but alas they were sold out. Better than most cupcake places I have been to, not the best but worth it if you're in the area.